Playing Imperfections

bobk35

Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:54 pm

Actually, if you listen to Clapton's Unplugged album, he makes a mistake at the beginning of a song and starts it again. Since he started again at the beginning it would have been trivial to edit this out but they left it in. It was a humorous event.

bobk

Chasplaya

Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:40 am

bobk35 wrote:
Actually, if you listen to Clapton's Unplugged album, he makes a mistake at the beginning of a song and starts it again. Since he started again at the beginning it would have been trivial to edit this out but they left it in. It was a humorous event.

bobk
His mistake was not playing incorrect notes he actullay forgot to take his bottleneck off his finger from the previous song Therefore a procedural error not a musical mistake arguably. Being a Clapton follower I have one or two of his DVD's one is Eric and his band practicing , they make mistakes and Clapton at times looks quite disgusted with himself. They aim for perfection, they practice for perfection after all this is what they do for a living they are professional about what they do, now not all musicians are like that unfortunately. For us mere mortals learing to play through mistakes and not accentuate them is one of our challenges. Having said that A few times i've played and I know I've made a few bloopers but no one noticed but me.

combo

Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:20 am

Lavallee

Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:17 pm

Is anyone familiar with the concept of the Persian Flaw? That's what I think they are. And if you should ever hear said named flaws in my playing, you'll know what they are! LOL

AcousticAl

Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:40 pm

combo wrote:

A 40 pounder of J.D. and some recreational pharmaceuticals will make you miss a few notes!

B)

AndyT

Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:28 pm

Persian flaw?? Please explain that one.

Combo, 'Cutest'?? LMBO!

suziko

Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:31 pm

I'm not sure why that's the "cutest" mistake ever, but it is heartening to know that even Slash can mess up. I can't hear that song now without thinking of the movie "The Wrestler."

AndyT

Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:34 pm

Never saw the movie. It makes sense to me that he would mess up. He's only half naked on stage in front of how many screaming fans with how much whiskey and only God knows what else perkin through his system...

A good thing though, I saw an interview with him and he said that he had to quit drinking and doing all that stuff because it was messing him up. Praise God he quit.

haoli25

Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:39 pm

AndyT wrote:
Persian flaw?? Please explain that one.

Combo, 'Cutest'?? LMBO!
It's a term that refers to Persian rugs. The Muslims that make them believe that only Allah is perfect and therefore it would be some kind of sin or something to make a Persian rug without an intentional flaw. And that's the Hallmark of the finest rugs... AND my music!!! LOL

AndyT

Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:44 pm

Wilson, Yes, now that you say it, I recall hearing that many moons ago. I had forgotten all about it. Good cover though for your playing. I might have to use that for mine!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic