Greetings from USA

musicrevisited

Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:51 pm

I'm kinda new here on TG, and have been playing guitar for a little over a year. I've found this community extremely helpful and look forward to becoming more active when I find the time. I'm 18 years old, people call me an old soul, and the only good thing about being born in the wrong era is that I have access to all the music from the golden years of folk and rock 'n' roll. I am really interested in writing music and try to sit down at least once a week to jot down something along the lines of poetry. My favorite artists are Simon & Garfunkel; The Everly Brothers; Peter, Paul & Mary; John Denver; Gordon Lightfoot; James Taylor; CSNY; Buddy Holly; Donovan; Bob Dylan; the list is never-ending and there's so much to find and learn. Hope I can be a helpful addition here!

BigBear

Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:02 pm

Hey, glad to have you with us on the forum! For 18 you have great taste in music!!! I wish my kids liked the old stuff that well!!

Hope you enjoy the forum and please let us know what challenges you face as a younger player!

Cheers! :cheer:

Music Junkie

Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:07 pm

Man, I must be having Deja Vu..... I thought you had already introduced yourself..... At any rate, glad to have you, and welcome from Ventura, CA! This site is full of good folks and we have a great time learning from Neil.

I hope you take the time to chime in here at the forums more often.

Have fun!

MJ Image

AndyT

Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:12 pm

I think you are the new record holder for young age here at TG. 18! Welcome!

musicrevisited

Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:13 pm

Thanks for the support, and yeah you were prolly thinking of my profile when you got deja vu MJ haha it's pretty much the same thing as written here.

Music Junkie

Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:18 pm

musicrevisited wrote:
Thanks for the support, and yeah you were prolly thinking of my profile when you got deja vu MJ haha it's pretty much the same thing as written here.
There ya go...... You'll come to find, that I have a tendancy to not know what I am talking about half the time.....lol Just ask Andy, Chris, Chas, Bear, Al........the list goes on and on......lol

MJ

AndyT

Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:32 pm

But the other half the time he is right on the money.

tovo

Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:49 pm

Hi mate from Australia. Good to have a few younger members about the place, hope to see you active on the forums.

Cheers.

haoli25

Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:39 pm

Welcome MUSICREVISITED. Glad to have you with us. If you need any help or if you have any questions, just ask. Be sure to check out the User Groups when you have a chance.

Bill

songman52

Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:24 am

Welcome. Great influences you listed; you'll fit right in with us geezers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic