Palm muting followup

AcousticAl

Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:06 pm

Followup to my 'Old Man' palm muting disaster that I posted on Suzi's wall-- I was playing that with my elec/acoustic. However, I was plugged directly into my computer, so no acoustic was in the mix. I was muting at the saddle, and obviously no echo would travel to the computer.

I just tried palm muting on my Yamaha full acoustic. It sounded better (though that wouldn't be difficult if you saw my video! :). I assume it has something to do with me not being able to produce the proper palm-muting sound & echo that you can only get with an acoustic.

Just found it interesting- as I hardly ever play my full acoustic anymore. Guess I'll switch it up for different songs.

suziko

Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:20 pm

It's already off my wall, Al, so you might want to post it on this thread for everyone to enjoy ;)

AndyT

Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:38 am

It's still there Suzi. Just have to go back a few pages.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:37 am

.... yeah the walls are not long enough are they... may be TG Tech can give us longer walls as we use them quite a lot these days. As everyone is always round at Suzi's, she'll need extra long walls.... get the coffee on Suzi!

jayswett

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:40 am

I haven't done much with the walls. I'm wondering if some of my posts would be better directed at the walls. I presume everyone has a wall?

AndyT

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:55 am

You have to activate your wall. Its very easy. Just go into the Applications section of your profile and add it.

suziko

Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:27 am

I'm pretty sure my wall is activated since people have been writing on it. Unless activating it gives it some kind of "Wondertwin powers." ;) Now that would be cool!

The problem (for me) is that after after there are 5 or so posts on your wall, older posts disappear. I just realized last night (thanks to Al!) that you can hit the "show all" button and, well, show all posts. Not sure what I would do without my fellow TGers to lead me through the dark! The ironic thing is that I'm married to someone with a PhD in Computer Science, yet I'm one of the most un-tech-savvy people around.

Oh, and Al, I apologize that your thread got hijacked. This thread is supposed to be about palm-muting, not Walls and all their little quirks.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:50 am

The writing is on the wall Al, walls are more interesting than palm muting! A lot easier too. Sorry the thread morphed this way ;-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic