Suppose you had to get a guitar-themed tattoo...

jayswett

Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:12 pm

Lots of funny comments on this thread...

Seriously, though, if this is a serious question (and I'm not at all sure that it is), I would recommend the following regarding the characteristics of the tatoo:

1) very small
2) easily hidden
3) located on a body part that will not be affected (much) by gravity in later years
4) composed of colors easily removed by laser (greens, blacks and blues, for example) should you come to the eventual realization that you have made a horrible mistake

AndyT

Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:14 pm

Unless someone is holding a gun to your head, you do not have to get a tattoo. If you want one, then get one that means something to you. Forget about what others would like.

tovo

Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:32 pm

A little off the topic but I have had more tattoos removed than many people have had put on. They were the result of wanting to fit in when I was a teenager and they were VERY in your face and I did regret them. Cost me thousands of bucks to remove them, money I could have spent on a Taylor to make even Bear green with envy! Having said that I agree with Andy, personal choice.

Now, to answer the question. The art work these days has improved SO much. I reckon a good artist could do a wicked Clapton playing his 64 Gibson SG. Up high on the back would be the spot. George Harrison with a caption "While my guitar gently weeps" would be cool perhaps. Thing with writing though...make sure the tattooist can spell! (Tip for young players)

goldleaf

Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:35 pm

How about a trident submarine?

"She had a tattoo above her ankle of a trident submarine
She said it symbolizes awesome powers hidden deep within our dreams"

from Lonestar's Unusually Unusual

Isn't that what music really is???

Of course it would also be a "SUBMERGED" submarine!!! (that you don't need ink to imprint upon your skin...)

Creative enough for ya, yet???

neverfoundthetime

Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:35 pm

I would get a Dog with a Top hat riding a mountain bike with no hands and playing an acoustic guitar with a cut away of course.
Ok, Leeb, now we all need to know, what special place does that dog with no hands hold in your heart? ;-)

mattroutley

Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:44 pm

i would make my manhood look like a fret board! :lol:

neverfoundthetime

Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:47 pm

Jeez Matt! There are so many comments that I'm not going to make about that here. Hope no one else does either or we'll be in trouble! I'm now going to duck for cover.....

mattroutley

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:24 pm

LMAO!

haoli25

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:47 pm

...and I thought I pushed the limit! Image

dennisg

Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:05 pm

mattroutley wrote:
i would make my manhood look like a fret board! :lol:
I would advise you not to use a capo.

- Dennis (trying not to picture this)