Whats your dream Guitar ?

goldleaf

Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:51 pm

My favorite it just needs a little inlay to set it off. Gary

www.ksmusic.com/xcart/product.php?productid=582

AndyT

Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:56 pm

Gary,
I think the Sitka has a bit more 'ring' to it. At least the ones that I've heard do.

AndyT

Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:00 am

That's a nice Guild. Never heard of an 18v pickup system.

goldleaf

Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:09 am

AndyT wrote:
Gary,
I think the Sitka has a bit more 'ring' to it. At least the ones that I've heard do.
I know my favorite Guild has a "AAA Solid Sitka Spruce Top" It has Flamed Maple or Curly Maple I've heard it called both S&B, it seems to have the best acoustic sound of the 3 Guilds I have. One is a really nice looking Indian Rosewood Side & Back w/ Spruce Top, but the Rosewood is beautiful and has a nice tone but I think the high quality Sitka Spruce really rings out and has sustain. Probably other people will have a different opinion and I would like to hear their opinion. Gary

haoli25

Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:27 am

I'll just hang an empty gig-bag this year instead of a Christmas stocking and see what Santa brings.

Bill Image

goldleaf

Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:32 am

AndyT wrote:
That's a nice Guild. Never heard of an 18v pickup system.
It's was developed for the "Contemporary Series" Made on 2007 in Tacoma and Patented. It has a lock & load system also where you turn the end pin that's about 1 1/4" knurled round and about 3/8" thick and has the pin for the strap. You turn it 1/2 turn and it comes out, you drop in 2 AA batteries and put it back in and 1/2 twist to tighten. The 18v comes from a small amp that increases the voltage from the normal 9v to 18v. The specs give a pretty good explanation of why it is supposed to preform better. I've seen some still available wholesale, which means they have not been played but Guild does not warranty them. They have a small "Used" stamped on the back of the headstock. so they can't be sold as new and warrantied. They have bone nut and saddle and just a lot of quality woods like Red Spruce Tops. Who knows why Fender let Guild develop these models just to stop production after 6 mos and move production to China?? and Guild to Hardford Conn. Fender seems to prefer their guitars to be built in Asia at least their acoustics or other brands they own. I own a Indian Rosewood just like the one in the web site I posted and it came in a really nice case in mint condition except I got a "much" better deal on the price from another wholesaler. Gary

willem

Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:21 am

haoli25 wrote:
I'll just hang an empty gig-bag this year instead of a Christmas stocking and see what Santa brings.

Bill Image
atleast a view songs i geuss!!

goldleaf

Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:20 pm

Read the detail on this Baby, Indian Rosewood with Madagascar Rosewood Fretboard and Bridge, Bone nut and saddle and Ivarone binding ++++ it just keeps going and I think it is a very elequent Florentine cutaway. Check this one out, very short run on these and only in production for maybe 6 months w/ excellent wood and bracing.

www.ksmusic.com/xcart/product.php?productid=582

suziko

Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:44 pm

Since we talk mostly acoustics on here.....It would have to be the Martin D-12 David Crosby Special Edition.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:18 pm

BSG GUITARS

Great choice on the Lakewood wrench! I was playing one of those to day in this wonderful guitar shop in the old town part of Winterthur. Beautiful setting, nice private room to try out, just me and 50 beautiful guitars. I played Furch, Lakewood, Takamine, Martin, my first Taylor and a beautiful Gibson at $5'000.00 plus. They have GUITARS there! And... never seen them before ... a BSG from Czech Republic (like Stonebridge/Furch). Now, I was like wrench dreaming of a Lakewood but now I've started dreaming about these BSGs. Started at $1'900.00 and moved up. Fell in love at $3'600.00. BSG J27CF Pao Ferro, Spruce, Indian rosewood, Ebony, Neck: Mahagony. OMG sustain like you've (I've) never heard, warm and bright and just wonderful handling and craftsmanship. Case $260.00 extra! Serious money all in all. Too serious for now so it remains my dream guitar .... for now. Anyone else heard of them? (I know, everyone 'cept me!): Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic