Need help to find Long train running tabs from the Doobies

Lavallee

Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:15 pm

Hi all , I have been trying for quite a while to find the right tabs for this song. I looked in fretplay, Tab911 and the likes, even noticed on Wilson youtube section that the song was played but it is an interpretation. I want the real thing. I can do the main riff, but I cannot figure out the rest of the song.

Any help will be appreciated

Marc

thereshopeyet

Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:20 pm

Hey Marc,

I saw this on UltimateGuitar.com It looks pretty thorough, though I haven't tried it my self yet. That kind of strumming is a bit over my head. Check it out and see what you think.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/d/d ... r2_tab.htm

And wasn't that Girl Friday version great? That's the way I want to play it, when I'm up to it! I like it much better than the original. But I do understand how you feel. Some songs are perfect just the way they are...

[video][/video]

Doobie Doobie Doobie Doobie Bro thers That still makes me laugh

Lavallee

Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:57 pm

Yes Wilson, this is the one I saw on your youtube account. The beginning is fine, but then there is some intepretation. I am at the point in my learning that I want to stick with the originals so that I can use them as guidelines. I like the girl's voice however, very groovy

Thanks

Marc

haoli25

Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:23 pm

Marc, there is a demo of the Pat Simmons' counter-melody on Long Train Running on YouTube. That may be the part that you are looking for.

Bill

Lavallee

Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:52 pm

haoli25 wrote:
Marc, there is a demo of the Pat Simmons' counter-melody on Long Train Running on YouTube. That may be the part that you are looking for.

Bill
Thanks Bill since you mentioned that, I look on youtube and found out as you wrote that Simmonds was playing some accoustic on the recording. I did not even realize that he did. Something to try (E tining with a capo at the 3rd fret). But it was the main strumming (Johnston part) that I was looking for.

Thanks

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic