Christmas Songs

BobR

Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:19 pm

Boy, I can see where this is goin'... How 'bout some political songs instead??? LOL

[video][/video]

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:34 pm

I quite like Christmas songs ... at Christmas! What I find hard to take is when the commercial Christmas starts in the stores at the end of October. I can't see much connection to the Christian religion any more Ric. Kids asked in the street what's it all about haven't a clue! Most of my early singing will have been done at school or church so Christmas Carols are fine even though I am not a religious person. I won't be going down town end of November through December tough!

Craig

Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:30 pm

rcsnydley wrote:
Will there be Hanuka songs? Or maybe some Kwanzaa songs?

Ric
That would be fine with me.... I take no offense to it.

Mike

rcsnydley

Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:33 pm

MikeBarney83 wrote:
rcsnydley wrote:

Ric
That would be fine with me.... I take no offense to it.

Mike
Bring 'em on cross culture here we come. :cheer:

Ric

rcsnydley

Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:35 pm

Ric - I agree with Karl on this one. If you don't want to view the Christmas songs don't view them! I believe though the majority of subscribers on the site would like to have access to them. If you would rather have another religion based or anti-religion song on the site you are more than welcome to post your own video of it. I for one, will not view it. It's that easy! The bottom line is Neil owns the site and he is the man. If he wants to post a Christmas song, a Hanukkah song, or a Ramadan tune he can rightfully post it. Enough said. Now bring on Silent Night, Jingle Bells, Deck the Halls and all the classics!

- Catfish

rcsnydley

Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:45 pm

catfishlinn wrote:
Ric - I agree with Karl on this one. If you don't want to view the Christmas songs don't view them! I believe though the majority of subscribers on the site would like to have access to them. If you would rather have another religion based or anti-religion song on the site you are more than welcome to post your own video of it. I for one, will not view it. It's that easy! The bottom line is Neil owns the site and he is the man. If he wants to post a Christmas song, a Hanukkah song, or a Ramadan tune he can rightfully post it. Enough said. Now bring on Silent Night, Jingle Bells, Deck the Halls and all the classics!

- Catfish
Easy does it Catfish, I'm not arguing with Neil. I never saw him say he was going to post Christmas songs, it's everybody else telling him he "should" post Christmas songs. I am not anti-religion far from from it. I'm just stating a fact, not everyone celebrates Christmas, but we all have it forced down our throats for two months every year.

Ric

caymandiver55

Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:53 pm

rcsnydley wrote:
catfishlinn wrote:

- Catfish
Easy does it Catfish, I'm not arguing with Neil. I never saw him say he was going to post Christmas songs, it's everybody else telling him he "should" post Christmas songs. I am not anti-religion far from from it. I'm just stating a fact, not everyone celebrates Christmas, but we all have it forced down our throats for two months every year.

Ric
Perhaps you should join us in a webanar. During the last one Neil said he was going to post some Christmas songs starting in Nov. So I guess it wasn't just "everybody else telling him he "should" post Christmas songs" and nothing is being "forced down our throats" But don't worry I'll pray for you

Mike

rcsnydley

Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:57 pm

Ok, guys ease up I stand corrected. Just throwing in my two cents. Sorry to cause such a stir.

Ric

dennisg

Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:20 pm

I'm pretty sure Neil doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings by implying that their particular religion is less important than someone else's. So I look forward to seeing all the songs he's planning to post for the other religions.

- Dennis (in Seattle)

BigBear

Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:21 pm

rcsnydley wrote:

Ric

Ric- I think you might be overreacting to this issue. If you want Hanukkah or Kwaanza songs request them. If enough members request them, Neil may do them. But please do not deny me and others an opportunity to learn and enjoy songs that are very important to us.

We are all paying members of this group. Neil has provided songs that I don't particulary like, and will never play, but so what? I take the good with the bad. For example I'm not a big Beatles fan. But I overwhelmingly like most of the songs here. If Neil puts up a song I don't like should I feel gipped? Of course not!

Neil has cut a CD of Christmas music. Is it unreasonable for us to want to learn some of them? Or have we become so PC that we have to give up some really beautiful music because some people don't celebrate a particular holiday? This is a guitar site not a lyrics site. And music by itself is not religious! Greensleeves and What Child is This? are the same music!

I hope we can all be more open-minded about the content on this site.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic