Looking at classical guitars on eBay - maybe a Yamaha G-60 A by Nippon Gakki Co Ltd - worth having??

michelew

Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:59 pm

You're welcome and I understand. Good hunting.

quincy451

Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:40 pm

Well, I got a answer to my ebay question. It turns out the ebay site, and both websites where I found this guitar for sale all go back to the same wholesale company.

Response I got:
The guitars are made for us in China; we have them leave off any brand names or model numbers in order to keep the costs low for you. This is a nice players guitar. It could use a setup to play at its best, but out of the box it does very well. Our warehouse manager has been a player for over 15 years and only purchases instruments that he would personally play. Hope this helps.

To which I reply:
I expect to do a setup. If I like it, I will do a youtube video and send them the link.

Yea I ordered it this morning. Part of my contribution to Cyber Monday. It will arrive on the 3rd. Not too concerned, for the price I paid I can afford to take a loss on it. But I hopeful it is a good result. Hopefully the case comes in about the same time. No word on arrival of that yet.

michelew

Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:28 pm

I'd be interested to see your video too. Have fun!

quincy451

Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:25 pm

Well, it got here. So who made it? It is a model 16195 made in china. That is all the label on the inside of the body says. So not much info there. So is it a solid spruce top. Yes. It is polished to the nines. You can do your hair looking at this guitar. The tuners look nicer than what is on the yahama C40. The neck is more narrow front to back. But still about 2" at the nut. The neck size is more like my Jasmine than a classical. But it does not seem radiused. I like that.

More to come later...once I tune it up and get time to do a video comparison. It does seem to have a lot more sound than the C40. But being nylon string the tuning process and getting it to hold tune will take a while. Nothing strange there.

Now if I didn't have to work today....hehehe

quincy451

Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:45 am

michelew wrote:
I'd be interested to see your video too. Have fun!
Ok I got the RAW video done. I will try and clean it up a little as
well as the description which is in a link there. Would you believe my
description is too verbose for youtube...hehehehe. Right now don't have any video editing software as my primary computer has a dying hard drive I am trying to clone to a new one before it dies completely.

I do have a challenge to anyone with video recording ablity who is interested. Try and create a video review of your instrument and post on youtube. You never know who you might help who is interested in that instrument or something similar. And yes try to do better than I did.

michelew

Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:08 am

Thanks for posting the review Quincy. The beginning is very informative. But, it is a very long review. If you are able to cut the video down I imagine youtube would be more inclined to post it.

You look like you're enjoying your $50 guitar, which is great. Have fun.

M.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic