Acoustic Guitarist

jayswett

Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:47 am

Besides Neil of course, here is another inspiration I found while scouring youtube looking at some acoustic guitarists. His name is Doug Hyder and I especially like his covers of "All Along the Watchtower", and "Great White Buffalo" but they are all good and mostly played in acoustic. Enjoy!

- Catfish

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=hys ... zOz76G8WEY

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:16 am

Thanks Catfish... I really recommend All along The Watchtower and Ain't seen Nothing Yet (for all 12 string players and Canuks!) ;-)

BigBear

Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:29 pm

Catfish- He's a good guitarist, thanks for sharing! There's a learning moment here that we should all pay attention to. If you are going to take off and do a lead riff on an acoustic guitar, and playing solo, you have to keep the beat!

The reason this guy is a good guitarist and Neil is a great guitarist, is Neil, while playing a lead, always reminds you of the beat, he never loses it. Maybe he hits a bass note, or plays an intermediate chord. Neil could go get coffee and come back and he would still be right on it!! All Along the Watchtower is a driving, easy three chord song. The rythym is everything!

BTW- did you notice the dude's wife kicked him out into the garage to wail on his guitar! I thought it was only me that faced the "Will you turn that down?" syndrome from their wife! LOL!

Cheers! :cheer:

mmmbldo

Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:16 pm

Bear - Yeah like Neil and my Dad, this guy has really inspired me. If I can "only" be that good someday I could entertain some people and make them smile. Im not expecting to be Neil but with his instruction and my own personal drive I look forward to entertaining a few folks someday. My Dad, who's been playing for 45 years, said that's what it's all about....Having fun and making people smile! He said he played "For What Its Worth" by Buffalo Springfield at a bar awhile back and a Vietnam Vet approached him aferwards and thanked him with a handshake and a smile. That would be very cool. Take care.

- Catfish

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic