I bought a thumb pick the other day...

Max

Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:53 pm

AndyT wrote:
reiver wrote:
that's fighting talk where I'm from........
Then why does your avatar have an earring? LOL

Sorry, no offense. It always amazes me when I see men go and get an earring. Do any of you know the origin of earrings? It was the preferred method for marking your slaves. You would mount your symbol in his or her ear to mark ownership. Whenb I see a man with an earring the first thing that comes to mind is 'slave'. Hopefully I'm not offending anyone with a bit of truth here. :laugh:
I found this reference about earrings in Wikipedia:
Ear piercing is one of the oldest known forms of body modification, with artistic and written references from cultures around the world dating back to early history. One of the early signs of earrings worn by men are from the walls of Persepolis in ancient Persia, the carved images of the soldiers from various parts of the Persian Empire which are displayed on some of the surviving walls of the palace showing the soldiers wearing an ear ring.
Another equally early evidence of earring wearing took place in the Bible record of Exodus written by Moses in the wilderness; the second book of the Bible. In Exodus 32:1-4 Moses is still up in the mountain, so the complaining Israelites demand that Aaron make a god for them. So he tells them to bring their sons and daughters earrings to him so that he may comply with their demand. (Written in 1532 B.C.E.) [william crockerham] 15:18 29, July 2009

By the way I've never used a thumb pick, but I do wear an earring.

AndyT

Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:36 pm

I've seen a few, very few, earrings on men that look good. Mostly they look silly. I saw a guy with a small diamond stud in one ear and it was done very classy.

I have fat fingers so its hard to find a thumb pick that fits me. I'm looking for one that does not spin on my thumb when I'm playing. Hard to find.

BigBear

Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:19 am

reiver wrote:
willem wrote:
reiver wrote:
(or maybe that's just me and my little girly hands!)

r
Now we know you are a girl,atleast i'm and think you are....

Reiver- I think our Dutch friend is confused by your use of an American expression. He means no offense I'm sure.

Cheers! :cheer:

BigBear

Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:28 am

AndyT wrote:
I've seen a few, very few, earrings on men that look good. Mostly they look silly. I saw a guy with a small diamond stud in one ear and it was done very classy.

I have fat fingers so its hard to find a thumb pick that fits me. I'm looking for one that does not spin on my thumb when I'm playing. Hard to find.

Andy- that's one of those "when pigs fly" things!

Back to the thread, I've tried about ever thumb pick known to man. I was using a Pro Pick but then I found one much better. It's called a Zookie. It fits great, doesn't twist and best of all the tip is angled either 10 or 20 degrees so the pick hits the string at the correct angle.

I think the complex geometry of this pick appeals to my left brain (before you launch another engineer joke!). LOL! :laugh:

Here's a picture of them.

http://prostores1.carrierzone.com/servl ... ger/Detail

AndyT

Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:38 am

I'll have to check those out again. I just discovered a song that's made for a thumb pick. It jams.

willem

Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:59 am

BigBear wrote:
reiver wrote:
willem wrote:
reiver wrote:

Now we know you are a girl,atleast i'm and think you are....

Reiver- I think our Dutch friend is confused by your use of an American expression. He means no offense I'm sure.

Your right,no offense, i tryed to be funny,,sorry???

reiver

Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:29 pm

willem wrote:
BigBear wrote:
reiver wrote:
willem wrote:

No offense was taken Willem, I assure you. I'm not the fighting sort!

r

willem

Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:33 pm

reiver wrote:
willem wrote:
BigBear wrote:
reiver wrote:

Thanks rrrrrrrrrr

No offense was taken Willem, I assure you. I'm not the fighting sort!

r

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic