New Strat...

Music Junkie

Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:32 pm

BigBear wrote:
Guys like Lindsey Buckingham and Mark Knofler are really good electric ginger pickers.

Cheers! :cheer:
Bear:

Can you elaborate a bit for me...... I am completely lost when it comes to ginger pickers.......lol

Had to give you a bad time. Have not talked to you in a while.

Anyway, Kenny thanks for the info! I was in a SWEET guitar shop in Vegas earlier this year called "Cowtown Guitars". They actually had a used vintage Gibson Hollowbody in a lefty model! If I thought there was any way I could have bought it and still had a home, I would have snagged it for sure! It felt so good to play. I plugged it into a used Bogner Shiva! Now that was one sweet amp as well..... It was all I could do to leave the store. If you ever get to Vegas, you have got to check out "Cowtown Guitars" and also "Ed Roman's Guitars". Both places are very nice.

MJ

goldleaf

Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:18 pm

Kenny, that is one sweet Strat. I would love to start shopping for the Strat that is meant for me, I also like the Les Paul. Each have such unique sounds and playability qualities. I have a couple too many Acoustic/Electric all wood Guild's that are very nice so to justify branching off into another guitar type would be a hard sell for the home front, but some day I'll let one of my Guild's go and of course I'd have to replace it with another guitar, but which one. I have a Strat knock off "Peavy" that actually plays pretty nice when cranked to 8 or so on my 30W Cube amp, especially when I put it through my stomp box. Needless to say the wife much prefers my strumming and finger picking on my A/E even if I have them plugged in. Nice picture of what I would need to fill out my guitar necessities, really nice instruments. Thanks for the pics. Gary

Lavallee

Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:05 pm

Hi Kenny, Do you have a video somewhere of you playing one of those very nice guitars, with your band?

Marc

BigBear

Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:48 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
BigBear wrote:
Guys like Lindsey Buckingham and Mark Knofler are really good electric ginger pickers.

Cheers! :cheer:
Bear:

Can you elaborate a bit for me...... I am completely lost when it comes to ginger pickers.......lol

Had to give you a bad time. Have not talked to you in a while.

MJ

When they are out in the woods picking "special" mushrooms" they cut some ginger root at the same time!! Not sure what the effects are but the ginger must make them damned good pickers!! :laugh:

Didn't Neil or someone declare spelling amnesty on this site? If not, he should have! rofl!! :laugh:

KennyF

Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:53 am

Chasplaya wrote:
NIce collection, the Strat looks way too cool :) I own a Epiphone Riviera Elite 6string a 95 reissue, which is becoming a rarity. Epi have reissued this guitar twice now original came out in the 70's then mine in the 90's and most recently aroung 07 I beleive. It has a very skinny neck minihumbuckers! But it has an incredible sound I'd love a Marshall tube set up to play it through but for now I have a Fender Princeton 65 which has to do. I'd really like a Strat one day but it has to be a 'Blackie' one of the top end Custom shop ones though not a Signature series mass produced ones.
Thanks Chas.

I've never had the opportunity to play an Epiphone Riviera Elite, but everyone I know who has, loves them.

Music Junkie wrote:

Anyway, Kenny thanks for the info! I was in a SWEET guitar shop in Vegas earlier this year called "Cowtown Guitars". They actually had a used vintage Gibson Hollowbody in a lefty model! If I thought there was any way I could have bought it and still had a home, I would have snagged it for sure! It felt so good to play. I plugged it into a used Bogner Shiva! Now that was one sweet amp as well..... It was all I could do to leave the store. If you ever get to Vegas, you have got to check out "Cowtown Guitars" and also "Ed Roman's Guitars". Both places are very nice.

MJ
From what I've heard, Ed Roman builds some killer guitars.

goldleaf wrote:
Kenny, that is one sweet Strat. I would love to start shopping for the Strat that is meant for me, I also like the Les Paul. Each have such unique sounds and playability qualities. I have a couple too many Acoustic/Electric all wood Guild's that are very nice so to justify branching off into another guitar type would be a hard sell for the home front, but some day I'll let one of my Guild's go and of course I'd have to replace it with another guitar, but which one. I have a Strat knock off "Peavy" that actually plays pretty nice when cranked to 8 or so on my 30W Cube amp, especially when I put it through my stomp box. Needless to say the wife much prefers my strumming and finger picking on my A/E even if I have them plugged in. Nice picture of what I would need to fill out my guitar necessities, really nice instruments. Thanks for the pics. Gary
Thanks Gary

I've played a few of the Peavy knockoffs over the years and they were pretty nice.

I really wasn't in the market for a new Strat. I just happened to stumble upon this one and I knew it was the right one from the first few notes. It just felt right.

Lavallee wrote:
Hi Kenny, Do you have a video somewhere of you playing one of those very nice guitars, with your band?

Marc
No, I don't Marc. I never really thought about it. The audio quality from a hand held video camera leaves a lot to be desired. I suppose I could... But I'd have to take the audio feed from the board and remaster it after the fact. Sounds like a lot of work to me... :laugh:

Moondog

Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:39 pm

Very sweet...

My first guitar was a Strat. I have a couple of Gibsons that I really love a SG standard and a 1984 reissue Explorer. Sometimes it gets hard deciding on what to play.

It doesn't matter what you play just as long as you PLAY.

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic