Absolute Favorite Song - Only 1

Music Junkie

Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:48 pm

Lavallee wrote:
My prefered song is What a wonderful world by Louis Armstrong. I love rock and have fun with it. But this song is like a friend, it always bring me back on track with the right values. I would love that this song be in the program as a fingerpicking song.

Watch this video and see how you will feel good.
Marc

Marc:

I will always remember that song from the Movie "Good Morning Vietnam". Another classic film. The Great Satchamo (spelling???) was a fine man and had many great songs!

MJ

Chasplaya

Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:57 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Lavallee wrote:
My prefered song is What a wonderful world by Louis Armstrong. I love rock and have fun with it. But this song is like a friend, it always bring me back on track with the right values. I would love that this song be in the program as a fingerpicking song.

The Great Satchamo (spelling???) was a fine man and had many great songs!

MJ
Actually Satchmo, derived from Satchelmouth, because of Pops Armstrongs embouchure (method of holding lips when playing brass Instruments)

Lavallee

Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:57 pm

Thanks MJ , I did not realize he had a nickname, I will try to find the movie (the great Satchmo movie made in 1957 (great year for me and the world ;) )

Music Junkie

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:04 pm

I have been a big fan of Louie Armstrong ever since "Good Morning Vietnam". Had not really heard him much before that. After watching the movie, I had to find out more about him. Then I found out he did Strawberry Hill and I knew that one. Read up a bit on him and thought he was a neat guy. Don't know abut the movie you are referring to made in 1957. Would be interested in checking that out sometime....

MJ

Chasplaya

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:11 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Don't know abut the movie you are referring to made in 1957. Would be interested in checking that out sometime....

MJ
Satchmo the Great (1957)

It was originally recorded as an interview on Edward R. Murrow's "See It Now" (1951) TV interview program, later expanded into a feature-length documentary movie. Its on DVD and was filmed (I think) in Africa or at least partly its a biography.

AcousticAl

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:32 pm

Here's something I found on youtube where People.com asked Grammy attendees the same question. Some good ones- but some questionable ones for sure!!
C'mon Ringo!!!

michelew

Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:09 am

I can't do it it's too hard...

Ok I'll give it a go.

Maybe... Icecream by Sarah McLaughlan...

...no no... maybe Angel by Sarah Mc Laughlan.....hmmm...

...could be Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen... or

...Blackbird - beatles... or
...Here COmes the SUn...

...oooow...oooow .... Autumn Leaves by Eva Cassidy...

...Closer to Fine by Indigo Girls.....
...Waliking After Midnight... Patsy...
...Crazy...
.... no - no I just can't do it - haven't even started and I just can't.

Thanks Tony - now my brain hurts.

I might come back.

tovo

Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:09 am

Oh man what a great load of responses. Very cool. I didn't expect Simple Minds to get a run...but a band I always liked. I have to be happy with Tommy getting more than one mention. Louie Armstrong...can't argue with that. I understand it depends on the mood and the time it's asked, but so great to read the answers..Eagles, Lightfoot, it goes on. I love it. I thought I was going to get the "yeah it's been done before" sort of response. I'm loving what I've read so far.

AndyT

Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:38 am

Today my big favourite is While My Guitar Gently Wheeps from George Harrison/Beatles.

Yesterday it was Bohemian Rhapsody :)

Catman

Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:06 am

Tovo,
That's like asking me which of my children is my favorite... :(
And do you realize how many TG members' gray cells you've burned out with this question? At our average age, we need all the gray cells we can hold onto!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic