Absolute Favorite Song - Only 1

tovo

Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:31 am

Catman wrote:
Tovo,
That's like asking me which of my children is my favorite... :(
And do you realize how many TG members' gray cells you've burned out with this question? At our average age, we need all the gray cells we can hold onto!
lol Catman that was the point. Bring a few memories back and make everyone really think. I never had too many grey cells to begin with so I don't have a lot to lose!

suziko

Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:33 am

A few months back my go-to source for all things pop-culture related had a feature asking their writers this very same question. Most of the writers are late-20's/early 30's hipsters, so some of the answers were from relatively obscure bands, but I was surprised by some of the answers. One guy picked "Caught Up in You" by 38 Special which, I have to admit, I absolutely love (though it's NOT my all-time favorite song). I really enjoyed reading their explanations of WHY they picked the songs they did (in particular the 38 Special-guy!) Here's the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/favorite-songs,25055/

Music Junkie

Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:06 am

suziko wrote:
A few months back my go-to source for all things pop-culture related had a feature asking their writers this very same question. Most of the writers are late-20's/early 30's hipsters, so some of the answers were from relatively obscure bands, but I was surprised by some of the answers. One guy picked "Caught Up in You" by 38 Special which, I have to admit, I absolutely love (though it's NOT my all-time favorite song). I really enjoyed reading their explanations of WHY they picked the songs they did (in particular the 38 Special-guy!) Here's the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/favorite-songs,25055/
Suzi:

I have to admit that there was a period of time (probably when I was about 12-14 or so) when .38 special and REO Speedwagon were my favorite bands. "Caught Up In You" is still a good song. I also like there songs "Back Where You Belong" and "See Me In Your Eyes Tonight".

I love talking about this stuff, cause it just reminds me off all the good music out there. It is neat to hear what songs others like and why.

Another period of my life belonged to the Sweet vocals of Steve Perry and the kick ass guitar work of Neal Schon (my favorite guitarist) as Journey's album's "Escape" and "Frontiers" were atop my list.... One could go on forever!!!!!!!

:woohoo:

MJ

aitch

Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:21 am

Hehe....there was a time period in high school when .38 Special was one of my favorite bands too. It was mainly due to the album cover that had the airbrushed picture of the girl in the hot pink silk shorts. :woohoo:

suziko

Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:58 am

Let's not forget "Hold On Loosely", another great 38 Special song.

Aitch- LOL!

Jimmer

Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:29 am

ONE song? Impossible. I doubt I could even come up with just one song in each GENRE...

Favorite SOLO GUITAR song: Classical Gas
Favorite SYMPHONIC GUITAR song: "Adagio" from Concierto de Aranjuez
Favorite 'memories' song: "Miracles" - Jefferson Starship
'Our Song': "I Knew I Loved You Before I Met You" - Savage Garden

Etc... ad infinitum, ad nauseum... :-)

> Jimmer

Music Junkie

Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:36 am

aitch wrote:
Hehe....there was a time period in high school when .38 Special was one of my favorite bands too. It was mainly due to the album cover that had the airbrushed picture of the girl in the hot pink silk shorts. :woohoo:
Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!!! I remember that one.......

NKenny

Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:36 pm

That question is so hard to answer, I would think of a song and say that's it. Then another would pop in my mind, that's it.This minute I would say Vincent by Don McLean. Had to type this quick before another one comes

Kenny

AndyT

Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:08 pm

You mean this one? Image

Chasplaya

Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:41 pm

AndyT wrote:
You mean this one? Image
As a pimply faced youth I would probably have bought that on the strength of the art alone lol, nowadays emmm nope, unless the wife let me lol

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic