Absolute Favorite Song - Only 1

ncsurfer

Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:50 pm

My youngest daughter asks me this question often and I give a different answer each time, then she goes and finds the song if she's not familiar with it. She's got me under her thumb. The last answer I gave her was "Roadsinger" by Yusuf/Cat Stevens, though she really likes "I Will Walk With You' by John Fogerty(thats OUR song).

I honestly would probably overheat my remaining brain cells if actually forced to pick one. Wagon Wheel(the unofficial North Carolina anthem), Big Bug Shuffle(instrumental by Jerry Douglas et friends,)Dracula from Houston (because I surf),the song from that old Coke commercial which I know I like but can't recall, Twist and Shout because its the only song I could dance to, Happy Birthday because it mentions my name,anything by William Shatner because I like to laugh hysterically sometimes.

Y'all should listen to "Vinyl Records" by Todd Snider..he fits a whole lot of memories into one song, at least for those of us who used to own a turntable.

I'm looking forward to next week when I'll hear my new favorite song for the first time, or discover it through one of the posts here.
Cheers!

mmmbldo

Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:24 pm

Boy, just one is realllly tough! I always like Billy Joel's "Just the Way You Are" musically and because of a link to my wife's and my dating history together. Otherwise, "Vincent" and King Harvest's "Dancing In the Moonlight" frequently bubble to the top. I would really have to think hard, though, and consider other genres and time periods.

Max

Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:39 pm

I'm gonna have to agree with everyone else and preface this with "It Depends" on Yadda, Yadda ,Yadda. And I'm gonna agree with "Wonderful World" as one of my all time favorites, but since I didn't come up with it I get another choice, right? I'll pick "Tears in Heaven" Eric Clapton. Whenever I hear this song I can feel the terrible grief in his heart. Here's my favorite part:

Time can bring you down,
Time can bend your knees.
Time can break your heart,
Have you begging please, begging please.
Beyond the door,
There's peace I'm sure,
And I know there'll be no more
Tears in heaven.

Music Junkie

Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:53 pm

AndyT wrote:
You mean this one? Image
Andy:

You are THE MAN. O.K., maybe not THE MAN (as you answer to THE MAN), but you are getting a big karma hug for this post!!!!lol

:lol:

MJ

AndyT

Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:16 am

:woohoo:

:laugh:

aitch

Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:05 am

AndyT wrote:
You mean this one? Image
That's the one :cheer:

neverfoundthetime

Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:25 am

Well said H !

aitch

Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:50 am

Thanks. :) Lesson learned: after you enter a post here in Firefox and hit the back button, don't select "Resend Data". It double posts when that happens. And am I completely missing the "delete" option when you try to edit a post here or is one not available?

neverfoundthetime

Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:17 am

No delete available H... once you press the button it's chiseled in stone! Except if you edit and then delete the text.. then you'll be posting an empty window....

mark

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:49 am

This one was actually quite easy for me.
After a couple of minutes deliberation it has to be
God by John Lennon

The song deals with the break up of the beatles and a whole load of other stuff. It has always had the most emotional effect of any song for me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic