Absolute Favorite Song - Only 1

Tribe01

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:07 pm

Hotel California!! I never turn it off when it is on the radio and I love playing it on guitar. Felder's masterpiece for sure.

Tribe01

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:07 pm

Wow, that's a really tough question...impossible to pick just one. Lot's of really great responses so far!

I was between Desperado and Bohemian Rhapsody.

But....I'm going to go with Dueling Banjos...great acoustic guitar and banjo song and one of the best ever movie scenes.

AcousticAl

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:13 pm

Can't do it. But this is a great thread and it's making me remember a lot of great songs. Karma to Tony!

I think I'll post some of my all time faves on my wall as i listen to them.

suziko

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:25 pm

MJ- I'm not a fan of Simple Minds in general, either, but there's something about that song that really grabs me. One thing I wanted to add: it's very hard to pick an "all-time favorite song," and surely there are plenty of other songs that I've been deeply infatuated with for periods at a time (this month it's Blue Rodeo's "Now and Forever"). But I picked "Don't You.." because I've loved it consistently and longer than any other song- going on 25 years at this point!

Lots of good songs mentioned. "American Pie," "You Shook Me All Night Long," "Vincent;" all favorites of mine.

Chasplaya

Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:18 pm

BigBear wrote:
[quote]Tony- that's easy! Stairway to Heaven for more reasons than I care to disclose here! LOL! The greatest rock song ever written!

The mind boggles lol In my top ten though! for probably similar reasons lol

AndyT

Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:30 pm

It is impossible for me to choose between two songs.

Come and Dine,
and
Hotel California.

Come and Dine has been with me as long as I can remember and Hotel California captured me with its guitars and harmonies. I can imagine both of these in Heaven. (Maybe some lyric changes for Hotel though... LOL)

For those that never heard it, here is an OK version.

Lavallee

Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:35 pm

My prefered song is What a wonderful world by Louis Armstrong. I love rock and have fun with it. But this song is like a friend, it always bring me back on track with the right values. I would love that this song be in the program as a fingerpicking song.

Watch this video and see how you will feel good.
Marc

TGMatt

Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:37 pm

This was indeed difficult for all of the reasons that have already been mentioned..a song that you never tire of, is always in your life...

I pitched some ideas up...Pink Floyd Us and Them, the Beatles day in the life, Genesis - Fading lights, David and David - being along together, The Police - Wrapped around your finger, The Eagles - Dirty Laundry, and about 30 others...and settled on this one...

A song that just lifts and lifts and lifts to crescendo..

[video]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A ... re=related[/video]

Chasplaya

Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:37 pm

Finally found a good vid of I can't tell you why, funny but lots of them on the tube have felder but it sounds like his guitar's volume has been turned down.

This ones ok though.

Music Junkie

Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:46 pm

suziko wrote:
MJ- I'm not a fan of Simple Minds in general, either, but there's something about that song that really grabs me. One thing I wanted to add: it's very hard to pick an "all-time favorite song," and surely there are plenty of other songs that I've been deeply infatuated with for periods at a time (this month it's Blue Rodeo's "Now and Forever"). But I picked "Don't You.." because I've loved it consistently and longer than any other song- going on 25 years at this point!

Lots of good songs mentioned. "American Pie," "You Shook Me All Night Long," "Vincent;" all favorites of mine.
Suzi:

I have to agree about that particular song. I will always enjoy it as well....

MJ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic