"Pocahontas" by Neil Young - A Student Transcription

Music Junkie

Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:12 pm

pigpenz wrote:
http://hyperrust.org/cgi-bin/mt.pl?248

here is a link to couple of different versions on the hyperrust site
enjoy

interesting at the beginning of the post on hyperrust they talk about how NY makes exaggerated chord changes which result in open strings being played inbetween chords. According to our Neil this should be normal. one person I have definitely noticed that does this is Chris Hillman.
pigpenz: Thanks for the link. It looks a bit more detailed than mine...lol Will have to give it a go and see what it sounds like.

Cheers!

MJ

Music Junkie

Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:14 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hey MJ, thanks for doing that. Karma for your work. Soon as I've listen to a version of the song, I'll try out transcription. ;-)
Chris: Thanks for taking the time. Would love any feedback you can offer. Good or bad. Like I said, I am a major work in progress! I am just having so much fun. I know that Neil Young is so popular here, so I thought it would be good to post some more of his stuff here.

MJ

reiver

Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:27 pm

Glad this got bumped up - I'd forgotten to get back to you. This plays thro' just fine MJ. Great job and thanks again.

r

Music Junkie

Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:02 pm

reiver wrote:
Glad this got bumped up - I'd forgotten to get back to you. This plays thro' just fine MJ. Great job and thanks again.

r
Thanks Reiver! You should check out pigpenz link too, the transcription is dressed up a bit more and might sound better.....

I appreciate you taking a peek at it.

MJ

pigpenz

Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:42 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
pigpenz wrote:
http://hyperrust.org/cgi-bin/mt.pl?248

here is a link to couple of different versions on the hyperrust site
enjoy

interesting at the beginning of the post on hyperrust they talk about how NY makes exaggerated chord changes which result in open strings being played inbetween chords. According to our Neil this should be normal. one person I have definitely noticed that does this is Chris Hillman.
pigpenz: Thanks for the link. It looks a bit more detailed than mine...lol Will have to give it a go and see what it sounds like.

Cheers!

MJ

MJ
the whole site is filled with good stuff about NY, has almost all of his songs not quite as complete as the Neil Young Songbook site, but both get updated quite regularly by Rusties.

Music Junkie

Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:15 pm

pigpenz wrote:
MJ

The whole site is filled with good stuff about NY, has almost all of his songs not quite as complete as the Neil Young Songbook site, but both get updated quite regularly by Rusties.
Wow! Nice share pigpenz. I appreciate the lead. Looks like lots of goodies there. Will also check out the Neil Young Songbook site as well. Never heard of it, but the web is always full of surprises....

:lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic