"Pocahontas" by Neil Young - A Student Transcription

Music Junkie

Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:32 pm

Hey everyone. I have made another attempt at transcribing. This is a great song by Neil Young called "Pocahontas". One of my favorites while up backpacking. I have the chords laid and the lyrics posted in case you don't know them. I know there are some things I missed (base runs and possibly some sus chords), so feedback would be very welcome.

I hope you enjoy it.

MJ

B) http://www.totallyguitars.com/images/fb ... hontas.zip

Chasplaya

Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:47 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
[quote]Hey everyone. I have made another attempt at transcribing. This is a great song by Neil Young called "Pocahontas". One of my favorites while up backpacking. I have the chords laid and the lyrics posted in case you don't know them. I know there are some things I missed (base runs and possibly some sus chords), so feedback would be very welcome.

I hope you enjoy it.

MJ

Appreciate the effort MJ but I can only open the word file with lyrics no tab etc

Music Junkie

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:48 am

Chas: There should be two word files in there. One will have the lyrics, and the other will have the chords. I will double check it. Sorry!

MJ

Music Junkie

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:51 am

Yeah, they were both still there when I checked. You have to unzip it and there should be two files. One will just say Pocahontas and the other sill say Pocahontas Lyrics. I laid the chords out similar to Neils method of chords with slashes... I am still trying to work out a posting format that is easy for everyone to understand. I am a serious work in progress......lol

Let me know if you still cannot get them, and I will just e-mail them to you for your thoughts and comments..

MJ

:woohoo:

reiver

Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:53 am

Both opening fine for me.
Thanks MJ. Haven't tried it yet but really appreciate the effort, love this song. Karma on it's way

r

Music Junkie

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:30 pm

reiver wrote:
Both opening fine for me.
Thanks MJ. Haven't tried it yet but really appreciate the effort, love this song. Karma on it's way

r
That's good to know. Let me know what you think. I love this song as well. I am also looking at "Ride My Llama" now. Another good song by Neil. So far I think it is in the Key of E, but need to delve further, as it has some really neat sounds....

Anyway, thanks for the response!

MJ

:laugh:

Chasplaya

Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:10 pm

Hi MJ, I open zip files with 7zip, and it automatically opens the file, what it did here was opened the first one and I never thought to go to the folder where it unzipped them to. So i've got them both, will look later today when i get home from work.

cheers

Chas

Music Junkie

Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:32 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
Hi MJ, I open zip files with 7zip, and it automatically opens the file, what it did here was opened the first one and I never thought to go to the folder where it unzipped them to. So i've got them both, will look later today when i get home from work.

cheers

Chas
O.K., that makes sense. I have used 7zip before, and it is a bit different in its setup. I really prefer winrar, but we cannot upload that file type at this point. I have asked Big Jim, and he was looking into to it at one point. Would be kind of nice if our allowable file types were broader....

Anyway, I appreciate your interest in this. I look forward to your comments!

MJ

pigpenz

Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:19 am

http://hyperrust.org/cgi-bin/mt.pl?248

here is a link to couple of different versions on the hyperrust site
enjoy

interesting at the beginning of the post on hyperrust they talk about how NY makes exaggerated chord changes which result in open strings being played inbetween chords. According to our Neil this should be normal. one person I have definitely noticed that does this is Chris Hillman.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:06 pm

Hey MJ, thanks for doing that. Karma for your work. Soon as I've listen to a version of the song, I'll try out transcription. ;-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic