If you could meet 1 musician

tovo

Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:21 am

If you could meet, spend time with, perhaps jam with 1 musician, living or dead (we are suspending reality here) who would it be?

For me probably one a little from left field. Jeff Buckley. Even if only to ask him why he would go swimming with his boots on. Seriously I think he was destined for greatness. A terrible waste of talent.

And Jim Morrison. (Yeah I know that's 2) Perhaps Jim and Jeff at a bar. That would be quite a night.

So...what say you all?

AndyT

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:03 am

Well, If I have to pick only 1, then it has to be David. King David of Old Testament fame. The entire book of Psalms in the bible are songs he wrote. I'd love to sit down with him and learn to play them the way he wrote them. That would be an incredible treat for me.

If I can have 2 then I'll add George Harrison.

AcousticAl

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:42 am

Great thread Tony!

The list is long, but since I bowed out of the 'Choose One Song' thread, I'll speak up here.

I'd love to talk and jam with Neil Young. Would be a blast to hear about his life in music and what he's seen. Also, I can now actually play several of his songs ALL THE WAY THROUGH, so I wouldn't be too embarrassed!

btw- this gives me an idea for another thread that I'll start soon.

stratman3

Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:55 am

I have not been on the forum for awhile, but I seen this topic and I had to respond. I have also wondered many times what great musician I would like to meet and spend some time with? That is a tuff question, there are sooooo many, but I have to agree with AndyT, George Harrison would be at the top of the list, what a great musician and spirtitual song writer, the quiet one just seemed like such a good person and if I may add to my response I would like spend some time with all of the fab four at the same time, but maybe thats a topic for another post. B)

jim56

Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:06 am

I love Harrison and NY, but I'd like to hang with John Lennon. Maybe go on one of those lost weekends.

aitch

Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:44 am

Without a doubt.......

Lightnin Hopkins would run a close second.

TGMatt

Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:52 am

David Gilmour for me......

TGMatt

Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:58 am

Paul McCartney. I would love to sit down and jam with him for an hour or so. I could show him some of my licks....lol ;)

dennisg

Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:57 am

Tony,

As always, a karma point for you for starting an interesting thread.

I would have to choose John Lennon, and not necessarily because I'd want to play music with him, but because I'd just like to sit down and chat with him about this and that. Which gives me an idea for another thread. See you there.

- Beefy D

Chasplaya

Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:17 pm

Sooo many I can think of for many different reasons. The list would include SRV, Eric Clapton, Neil Young, George Harrison, Robert Johnson, Deke leonard, John Williams, Mark Knopfler, Don Felder, Jimmy Page, David Gilmour and Gordon Lightfoot.

Picking one well it would most likely be Clapton, due to the fact he has covered quite a few genres of music in his time, he has a deep seated love for the Blues and his dedication to his art. Closely chased by Neil Young though not much in it really!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic