Get in the time machine and pick a concert!

dennisg

Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:34 pm

quincy451 wrote:
Ok my first choice...has not been mentioned yet. Woodstock.
... er, except for the 4 or 5 folks above you, right?

Or, am I being dense and missing the dry humor? :dry:

Either way... good choice!

michelew

Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:10 pm

At the risk of sounding repetitive - Woodstock - to see what all the fuss was about. I'd also like to have seen the Blues and Roots festival in Byron Bay Australia that launched John Butler's career - apparently it started raining big time, everyone piled into JB's tent and then it all took off and a fabulous time was had by all - it must have been amazing.

I'd also like to have gone back and seen one of Mozart's concerts at this peak - before the went crazy (or is that a myth?)

There's probably lots of others that I would have enjoyed more - but I just don't know about them.

Moondog

Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:18 pm

I always wished that I had seen Stevie Ray Vaughan and Pink Floyd in concert.
But if I could use the time machine to go back to the greatest concert that I did get to see and watch it again I would go to Germany 1985 and watch the Monsters of Rock the lineup was
Accept
Motley Crew
Gary Moore
Ronnie James Dio
Ozzy Osbourne
Van Halen
AC/DC

I've been to lots of concerts but this one was the best IMHO

Mike

michelew

Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:56 am

Ok I forgot about Eva Cassidy. I would also like to go to a Lillith Fair concert with the Indigo Girls, Eva Cassidy, Sarah McLaughlin, Jewel, Emmy-Lou Harrison, Ruthie Foster, Patsy Cline, (oh maybe she will need to be reincarnated)... and all the fabulous women that seem to play at Lilith Fair concerts in the US.

goldleaf

Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:39 pm

I haven't got into this one yet, I think it would have to be Woodstock first choice, all the talent plus a once in a lifetime gathering of 60's people, I had a pair of orange bell bottoms that would have looked in place at least for the first 1/2 day (rain, mud etc.) my second would have to be SRV's last concert, he was just awesome. Gary

charleylip

Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:58 pm

Dead at Red Rocks
ANY YEAR
2nd Choice
DEAD AT RED ROCKS
3rd
The Police at My Fathers Place in Roslyn Long Island First time around in the US
That's the name of the club not really My Fathers Place.People would park under the train tracks and their cars would get bombed with pigeon
Sh** Held about 500? people
I can't regret missing the Beatles or Woodstock because even at age 51 I was to young but that was not the question so yes I would like to go in a time machine and see those to./my wife did see John Lennon come on stage with Elton John at MSG and /also saw George tell everyone to F off at msg because they were making noise when Ravi Shanker was playing.Thought I'd throw that in there
Also like to see Dark Side Of The Moon

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic