If you could ask John Lennon one question ...

dennisg

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:10 pm

Okay, since we're having fun hypothesizing lately, let's try this one on for size. Suppose you could sit down face to face with John Lennon. And suppose he would be agreeable to truthfully answering one question. What burning question would you most like answered?

I'd like to ask him this: if he could go home and fire up his CD player, which Beatles song would he most want to hear.

- Beefy D

rcsnydley

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:19 pm

I think I would ask him what a lot of people who write songs or want to write songs ask a lot.

How do you come up with your chord progressions and melodies?

Chasplaya

Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:30 pm

I'd ask, With your popularity, obvious wealth and fame, and hey your not totally ugly, Why did you marry Yoko?

mmmbldo

Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:38 pm

dennisg wrote:
I'd like to ask him this: if he could go home and fire up his CD player, which Beatles song would he most want to hear.

Have to think about what I would ask...Once I read that, when asked this question, John said his favorite was "Here, There, and Everywhere." I found that somewhat surprising.

tovo

Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:49 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
I'd ask, With your popularity, obvious wealth and fame, and hey your not totally ugly, Why did you marry Yoko?
Oh snap! Same for me. Then because he has already been asked the very same question by Chas he would get really angry and send me packing. I doubt many guys would react well to being asked "why did you marry HER?"

Chasplaya

Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:09 pm

tovo wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
Oh snap! Same for me. Then because he has already been asked the very same question by Chas he would get really angry and send me packing. I doubt many guys would react well to being asked "why did you marry HER?"
I agree tovo, but once i'd picked myself up after being punched out, the thread question posed was that he would be totally agreeable to being truthfull, i'd ask again from a safe distance. It did seem strange for the time interracial relationship one thing but marriage back then whoa totally another. Before people jump on this and the defecation hits the rotary oscillator... I have nothing against interracial marriages, after all I'm a Scot that marrried a Kiwi lol!

AndyT

Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:30 pm

I think I would have to ask him if he ever made up with God.

And I'm a White / American Indian married to a Hawaiian / Chinese. Talk about cultural diversity.

TGMatt

Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:47 pm

What did he really think of FOrrest Gump when they appeared on the same talk show, and did he ever attribute Gumps story in the creation of Imagine?

Chasplaya

Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:22 pm

I think John was a very complicated man. He was a man of anger and great love. I think he had lots of issuses, a brilliant song writer and he had a way with words that no one else had. He was an average guitar player at best, but he came up with some of the best music ever. His lyrics were from alot of his life experiences. And he refected it in his songs. I can sit and play lots of his early Beatle stuff and mavrvel at how well crafted the songs were, (with George Martians help of course) It takes a brilloant mind to write the songs he wrote. I have always been impressed by his music. ;)

neverfoundthetime

Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:31 pm

lol!

I'd ask him why did he have to let her sing on his records!! Man that sucked!

Otherwise, I have a strong sense of "knowing" him through his songs (mostly autobiographical) and because me mam came from the pool and the mentality and humour (and accent) is very familiar. So I don't need to ask him anything else.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic