Your "Go to" song

Jimmer

Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:56 pm

My go-to song is James Taylor's "Something in the Way She Moves" - wife's favorite, so I learned to play it well.

My Wish-I-Could-Go-To song would have to be ... Country Fried Pickin' by Doyle Dykes...

...makes me want to chop up MY guitar for firewood everytime I hear it...

> Jimmer

dennisg

Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:22 pm

Jimmer wrote:
My Wish-I-Could-Go-To song would have to be ... Country Fried Pickin' by Doyle Dykes...

You know, I think if I started with the beginning lessons on this site, spent months working my way up through the advanced lessons, then devoted another year trying to understand the Acoustic Genius Series, then practiced for three hours every day for about six years, I might then be qualified to tune Doyle Dykes' guitars. But probably not.

- Beefy D

Jimmer

Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:42 pm

LOL to BeefyD... :-)

tovo

Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:29 pm

The next person to post Doyle Dykes should be banned. How depressing. :lol:

tovo

Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:43 pm

Jimmer wrote:
[quote]My go-to song is James Taylor's "Something in the Way She Moves" - wife's favorite, so I learned to play it well.

> Jimmer

Catman

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:22 am

My go-to songs for sing-along gatherings are mainly Hebrew folk-songs and Israeli folk-pop, so I don't think many of you will know them. That being said, my main Hebrew go-to song is called "Song for Peace". This is the song that closed the peace rally where Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated.

English go-to songs are: Streets of London, many Beatles songs, and Puff the Magic Dragon.

Jimmer

Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:06 am

FJVDB - wish I could say I had a good resource, I had to pick it up by ear. The two-chord progression at the beginning is something I had to modify because I couldn't 'hear' how he was playing it, but it's close enough to pass muster for my wife. Hell, I don't even have the patience to learn to read tab... LOL

rbrisson

Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:45 pm

I have several Go To songs that I enjoy playing just about any time any one's willing to listen: Captain Kennedy (N. Young), John Barleycorn, Matty Groves, I Know You Rider, Friend of the Devil, Uncle John's Band, Part of the Plan (D. Fogelberg), Norwegian Wood, Old Man, Tell Me Why (N. Young), Can't Find My Way Home (Steve Winwood), Talking About a Revolution (Tracy Chapman), Take it Easy (J. Browne), These Days, Love the One You're With, Love Song (Elton John), Change Partners, 4 and 20, All Along the Watchtower, Fire and Rain, etc etc etc

I still rely on the sheet music for the lyrics to Song For Adam, Streets of London, Try Not to Breathe (REM), The Weight, Tangled Up in Blue, Kathy's Song, Angelsea (Cat Stevens), Barricades of Heaven, Ignoreland (REM), Funnyman (KT Tunstall), Fade Into You (Mazzy Star), etc etc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic