Try it you will like it

frybaby

Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:51 pm

Just thought I would share this, I have been using one of these for years now. I love it, find it hard to play with out it. Try it you will like it.
http://www.neckup.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

dennisg

Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:59 pm

fry,

I guess I can see the benefit of using this product. But can't you accomplish the same thing with a guitar strap?

- Dennis (in Seattle)

BigBear

Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:00 pm

frybaby wrote:
Just thought I would share this, I have been using one of these for years now. I love it, find it hard to play with out it. Try it you will like it.
http://www.neckup.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc
FB- I've been looking at these for awhile but you are the first person that I've come across that actually owns one. They are made right across the river from me in Vancouver, WA.

So you think it's the real deal? I have a heck of time with guitar position because I'm so big and it looks like that would help lift my guitar up into a higher position.

Thanks for sharing that endorsement. I may have to take the plunge now!

Cheers! :cheer:

reiver

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:25 pm

John Renbourne was using something very similar when I saw him a couple of weeks ago. If it's good enough for him...........

r

frybaby

Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:41 pm

Mr Bigbear and all,
Yes I would highly recommend the device, I did a lot of research and in my opinion it is a top notch product. It is solid leather and adjustable. Attached with suction cups so no damage to the finish. In fact I keep my on my Taylor 514 constantly, and no finish problems at all. It ‘s adjustable, and flexible enough to be comfortable in all most any playing position, which is why I love the thing. This bring me to the questing about accomplishing the same thing with a strap. Most if not of all my playing is done in a sitting position. Chair, Sofa, floor and bed. What I like about this device is I can lay propped up in bed and play(it take my wife for ever to “get ready for bed” where as I just go to bed) and the guitar angle is correct, so my fingering is always right. Never tried sitting and playing with a strap, but if it work for you that a good thing. I have a black one.
So there it is.

BigBear

Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:51 pm

frybaby wrote:
Mr Bigbear and all,
Yes I would highly recommend the device, I did a lot of research and in my opinion it is a top notch product. It is solid leather and adjustable. Attached with suction cups so no damage to the finish. In fact I keep my on my Taylor 514 constantly, and no finish problems at all. It ‘s adjustable, and flexible enough to be comfortable in all most any playing position, which is why I love the thing. This bring me to the questing about accomplishing the same thing with a strap. Most if not of all my playing is done in a sitting position. Chair, Sofa, floor and bed. What I like about this device is I can lay propped up in bed and play(it take my wife for ever to “get ready for bed” where as I just go to bed) and the guitar angle is correct, so my fingering is always right. Never tried sitting and playing with a strap, but if it work for you that a good thing. I have a black one.
So there it is.

FB- that's good enough for me! I'm going to spring for one soon!

Thanks again! That's what's so great about this site, you can get real, live, recommendations from guitarists you can trust! I'll let you know how it works! :cheer:

Moondog

Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:57 pm

that looks like a good solution for the problem I have. Thanks for showing us that.

A little Karma for you

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic