Take that amp and stick it ...

haoli25

Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:42 pm

I have said before that there are some great musicians on this site and even better people. Dennis and Reiver are the epitome of that fact. You guys are First Class all they way. Thank you.

Bill Image

BigBear

Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:30 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
BigBear wrote:
Dennis- here's a really dumb question but does that amp have international voltage? As I recall, Scotland uses 220/240 volt, 50 hz and that amp is wired for 110/120v 60 hz. Reiver may have to run it through a step down converter. Just a thought!
Bear bear we do despair
Read the thread and all will be clear.

Reivers entry the best by far
Won him the comp beating us all square and fair (poetic license)

With a stroke of the keys and no beating of the bush, forthwith
Reivers dispelled that old Scottish myth

Scots are not mean
As can clearly be seen

The Amps gone to Andy
And will come in real handy

By spreading the word
About your good Lord

Chas- great poetry! I didn't enter the competition deliberately since I have a very similar amp. So as we say over here "I didn't have a dog in that hunt". lol! And I am delighted that Reiver won; Dennis made the perfect decision. He's a really great guy and a major contributer! Congrats to you Reiver!! Well done!!

I just wondered if anyone had thought about the voltage. Must have missed it in the thread if it was discussed. You know, engineers worry about that kind of stuff! lol! :laugh:

AndyT

Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:37 pm

Engineers must not read english either! The amp is staying in the US. Reiver won, but the amp is coming to Hawaii. C'mon Bear, I know your in the middle of hibernation season...

BigBear

Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:28 pm

AndyT wrote:
Engineers must not read english either! The amp is staying in the US. Reiver won, but the amp is coming to Hawaii. C'mon Bear, I know your in the middle of hibernation season...

Hawaii is a foreign country isn't it? I thought it was owned by the Japanese! :laugh:

p.s. Perhaps in the future I should more fully read the thread before I comment on it! Never mind!

Chasplaya

Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:33 pm

BigBear wrote:
AndyT wrote:

Hawaii is a foreign country isn't it? I thought it was owned by the Japanese! :laugh:

p.s. Perhaps in the future I should more fully read the thread before I comment on it! Never mind!
Lol Bear , light bulb finally got switched on eh! Watt amperage is your brain on 30,000 candle power to light up your cave.

Great gesture by reiver though, I think very unselfish.

michelew

Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:52 am

Great competition, huge generosity, fabulous entries, big laughs, perfect outcome - wonderful community!! (Need a thesaurus).

Dennis you're a prince - Reiver, you're hilarious and you really do sound like Johnny Cash - Andy, congratulations and make sure you post some videos so we can enjoy the amp too.

Michele

AndyT

Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:01 am

I am already planning the first video with it. Which student and which song.

jimbo58

Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:27 am

Reiver not only did you deserve to win in my opinion as well as others, not only do you have talant but now it's clear you also have lots of class by making a donation of the amp, double congradulations. well done

Catman

Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:47 am

Reiver, you are a real gentleman!

And concerning engineers and literacy, I am reminded of the graffitti, usually attributed to a student at the London Polytechnic*)
I yoost to bee iliterat,
now I is an ingineer
*Polytechnic = vocational college.

BigBear

Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:08 pm

Catman wrote:
Reiver, you are a real gentleman!

And concerning engineers and literacy, I am reminded of the graffitti, usually attributed to a student at the London Polytechnic*)
I yoost to bee iliterat,
now I is an ingineer
*Polytechnic = vocational college.

We used to say in college "Four years ago I couldn't even spell Ingeenier, now I are one!". It's easy to beat up on engineers; we've earned it!! lol! :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic