What are your "Guitar Goals" for 2010?

wadestar

Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:18 pm

I have 1 goal at this time is to save $1000.00 and buy my Godin Summit CT a great guitar, second is to improve my slide & blues guitar skills.

wadestar

Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:39 pm

This is my main goal! Image

haoli25

Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:58 pm

jayswett wrote:
haoli25 wrote:
There are about a dozen songs that I have started many times and either got distracted by something else or gave up because of the difficulty.

Bill
Which songs?

One of my goals is to cajole Matt, Bill, Bear and Chas into posting a video in 2010.

Jay, if I can get anyone of these down the way I want it, I will surely post a video! :laugh:

The songs I hope to accomplish in 2010 are;

"Toccata and Fugue" by Bach, I have started this song at least 10 times before. (Can you tell I like horror movies? lol)

There are also a couple of Mozart pieces and a couple of pieces by Barrios, particularly "La Catedral" that I have made several feeble attempts at trying to learn before giving up.

My TG inspirations are, "The Clap" and "Sleight Of Hand". (hint, hint Neil. :) )

And last but not least, there are a couple of Dickey Betts' songs that I have always wanted to play and for some reason or another I never took the time to learn.

I hope by putting these in writing it will hold my 'feet to the fire' and make me accomplish these guitar goals.

Bill

wadestar

Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:59 pm

This Is my Second Goal, with hopes to play it like Robert Johnson ya right eh lol I can dream>

haoli25

Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:07 pm

With a little practice, anything is possible Wade. You'll get it.

wadestar

Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:08 pm

I wish I could post This Gibson Robert Johnson guitar. Part 2 of my goal.

wadestar

Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:22 pm

Thank you

johnrfeeney

Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:30 pm

last year my goal was to exercise every single day of the year and loose weight - i have done this

now i want to get to where i can instantly find every note on the neck of the guitar up to the 15th fret - getting there

then get fluent with the scales

then to learn songs from memory - i fly from one to the next and get board and fly again

Of course this is all guitar/music related: but I remember and I'm sure you all do also that life is precarious and each day and year has it's peculiarities. The most painful of which are the losses especially the personal ones. As a family doctor I get to see the heartache day in and day out. Each year is a ton of terrible diagnoses and what goes with that.

Perspective - perhaps that is what I would like to keep all year and with that the kindness and love towards those in my life.

musicdoc522

Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:02 pm

Bill,

Great idea for folks to get thier guitar goals in writing. I want to learn some slide guitar this year. I've tried a few times but have not really stuck with it enough. That's terrible since Duane Allman is one of my all time favorite guitarists. Also want to finally be able to sing while I play something. This has been a goal for a long time, but every time I try the playing suffers too much (and my playing all ready is insufferable!). And finally - get better at fingerpicking and everything else!

Hope everyone here has a great year!

Mike

haoli25

Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:19 pm

Mike I am another Duane Allman fan. Neil Hogan (a pretty fair guitar player and really smart guy) once said, "You have to learn to play outside your comfort zone". That is sooooooo TRUE. The problem is, that when you play outside of your comfort zone, your guitar playing seems to suffer. (At least for a little while) Which always been reason enough for me to give up on challenging pieces. The fact is, if you stay with it and keep trying the more difficult songs, that is the best way to expand your 'comfort zone' and become a better guitar player.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic