What are your "Guitar Goals" for 2010?

haoli25

Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:41 am

For me, I hope to work a little less this year on my jobs. (so I will have more time for my guitar addiction. lol)

There are about a dozen songs that I have started many times and either got distracted by something else or gave up because of the difficulty.
This IS the year to get them done!

I also plan to get busy correcting some of my guitar techniques that I have let slide a little. (laziness) Some of my chord transitions, although clean, do not 'flow' very well. Watching Neil pointed that out to me.

Before the end of 2010 I hope to add another guitar. After playing one a couple of weeks ago, I want a LOEF guitar from Finland. They are handmade but not outrageously expensive. The 'MERI' model I want is about the same price as a good Martin or Taylor.

That will be enough to keep me busy for 2010. :)

Bill

Lavallee

Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:11 am

Hi Bill, I like the idea of this thread. Having objectives is important but if you don't write them down, they become wishfull thinking.

In 2010, I want to be able to read the strumming or rhythm from a music sheet. That is read when the strumming is up or down with the proper timing , not just rely on my feeling of the song but do it the way it was intended to be (other wise there would be no need to write it).

Also ear training is becoming important, if TG provides some lessons on that, they will get my full attention.

Marc

willem

Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:36 am

GOAL!! well first i try to live very happy and healty,,,second,keep my job.....then i try to make a practice list( i don't have any),,and want to add more melody to my campfire strumming,, i also hope that TG friends inspire me with a lot off video of there playing...

temo44

Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:38 am

I hope to change chords fluently, and be able to play nothing else matters flawlessly! Also buying an electrical guitar is on my wishlist. Anyone knows if a Fender Squier is a nice e-guitar to start with? I played it once and I was positively surprised!

BigBear

Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:54 pm

Good thread Bill!

My goal is to progress as much in 2010 as I did in 2009 due to TARGET and not backslide. To play enough to hold on to what I've learned.

I also want to continue my journey with alternative tunings especially DADGAD. I want to keep working on the blues. And I want to get really good with Windy & Warm! lol!

And to not be a typical Intermediate player that can play little pieces of a million songs but never the whole song all the way through!!!

Good luck to you all and here's hoping for a safe, peacefaul, prosperous and MUSICAL 2010!!

Cheers! :cheer:

jayswett

Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:13 pm

haoli25 wrote:
There are about a dozen songs that I have started many times and either got distracted by something else or gave up because of the difficulty.

Bill
Which songs?

One of my goals is to cajole Matt, Bill, Bear and Chas into posting a video in 2010.

michelew

Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:57 pm

I want to:

- master barre chords (I've been concentrating on finger picking and the progress I had made with barre chords has slipped a bit).
- read music better - I'm fine at single melody lines - well above the C between the staves (middle C?) anyway, but when the music is polyphonic I start to lose it and need to rely on the Tab.
- get more theory under my belt
- start a long term project as Marc has suggested to me a couple of times - he's a great role model
- make a good start on learning baroque and renaissance guitar songs - I purchased 3 Fredrick Noad books (including the classical one) as Neil has been giving them a great wrap and I love the sound.
- learn lots of songs in my song queue - all the way through and memorised.

Practice everyday and find a good balance between all the things I need and want to do.

I have more too - but the above are a good start.

THanks for the thread Bill.

BobR

Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:38 pm

My goals HMMM. I am going to review all of Neil's Acoustic Genius Series. I have gotten through quite a bit but I wan't to review them. I will be off work from Christmas to New Years so I hope to get a good start.

Bob

goldleaf

Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:40 pm

Hmmm, Goals, good idea. This year I accumulated several really nice A/E guitars 3 Guilds and a Tacoma, I have posted 2 videos, 1 an original composition, I purchased a mini camcorder. Recently I've been trying to learn Audacity and reviewing the possibility of purchasing MicroBR for recording purposes. You have probably noticed a major lack in the above, "anything having to do with practicing or learning new guitar playing techniques. Sooo, I think I will make my goal to learn a couple of TG songs, Windy & Warm would be one, I would also like to get "Melissa" on video since I've practiced it w/ vocals, then added melody after I wasn't satisfied with the outcome of the vocals. But Melissa one way or the other. And I would like to add another track to my original composition "Founder by Chance" per encouragement of Chris and others. To prioritize I think I will start with getting Melissa to a point where I can get it on video or maybe only Audio through Audacity. Second to work on Windy & Warm as a long term project I can go to when I'm tired of whatever I'm working on for hours. Gary

AndyT

Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:17 pm

My guitar goals are to get my strumming fixed, learn and be able to play barres, fingerpicking and get through the Acoustic Genius sections. I also want to get a new guitar. If I manage to get all of this done, I will be overjoyed at my progress!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic