What are your "Guitar Goals" for 2010?

michelew

Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:57 pm

I thought a man's (or woman's) shed is his haven...set up in the shed!! I'd love a shed... I live in an apartment so no shed, but we're moving to a 3 bedroom apartment in about 4 weeks and I'll have a room all to myself and my guitar (it will be great - I'll finally get to play and sing as loudly and as badly as I like, so that one day I can sing while playing in front of people). It also means I won't have to record in the stairwell/hallway/'smallest room in the house'. Go the shed.

TGMatt

Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:06 am

I can guarantee you that most people here just would not understand the Shed Idea....or outback dunny...now their is the best combo..

So I think a video is appropriate...(is that you Tony in the first take..??)) :)

michelew

Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:18 am

CUte. There's an ABC doco on Aussie men and their sheds. Here is a link to the imdb site. It's really interesting.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1077386/

In fact the shed is so important to Australian (and kiwi) men's mental health that Beyond Blue sponsor the Australian Men's Shed Association who connect men up with others who have sheds. Here's the link.

http://www.mensshed.org/page7859/

haoli25

Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:27 am

I am surprised that a person as enterprising at Matt is hasn't opened a chain of 'Rent-A-Shed' locations for those less fortunate mates. :)

TGMatt

Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:29 am

Bill Dont get me started..

They promised to bring the UTE here this year, and the global meltdown put the kybosh on that..Now that would have changed motoring in the US ;)

And I had my eyes on a business based around it..

michelew

Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:31 am

I guess you can't fit much shed-ish stuff in that Porsche Matt.

TGMatt

Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:37 am

Im going to come up with some Guitar related goals I promise..

But here is a goal..

To get all of the Non- Aussies to come and watch an AFL game sometime this year somehow ! (after watching my Gators fail, Im aching for some more footy)..video set to AC DC and the song that is racing up the charts in the Uk....

haoli25

Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:41 am

TGMatt wrote:
Bill Dont get me started..

They promised to bring the UTE here this year, and the global meltdown put the kybosh on that..Now that would have changed motoring in the US ;)

And I had my eyes on a business based around it..

Matt, I have seen pictures of the Aussie UTE before. I think they are pretty cool, like a smaller version of the old El Camino. Probably just as well they didn't come to the US, I am sure they would have to pay huge royalties to the UTE Indians of Utah. :)

Bill

tovo

Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:47 am

You wouldn't be feeling a little homesickness now would you Matt?? I don't know where I got that feeling, just a hunch! ;)

TGMatt

Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:50 am

Hey Michelle you would be really suprised what you can fit in one..probably the most underated feature...I saw an old 66 driving up to Sedona a few weeks ago, 2 adults, 2 kids, 2 bikes on the roof and a suitcase mounted externally on the rear..I imagine the front boot was full too..amazing..

But I really want a Ute here..Their are just huge trucks..they would just work so well here..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic