What are your "Guitar Goals" for 2010?

AndyT

Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:34 pm

Bill,

Very true indeed. I try to set at least one goal that is outside my comfort zone every year. Most of the time I reach it. That singing/playin thing eludes me. Not that I am afraid to do it, I've sung as part of a band - but I wasn't playing. I suppose when my playing becomes second nature, then the singing will come. Just have to keep plugging away at it. After all - its the journey that counts.

Mike

Catman

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:38 am

My main goal is to return to an orderly practice regimen.
In the past few months, due to personal circumstances, my guitar-playing time has been severely limited--a few minutes in the morning or at night to maintain calluses, and I really haven't progressed.
Oh, and to post a video.

mark

Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:07 am

Great question.

My goals are:
To continue to work on the technical aspects of my playing which joining totally guitars have highlighted. Things like bad hand position which I have played with for years and remained blissfully unaware of.

To improve my ear, so I can actually feel like a musican rather than somebody playing by numbers.

Finally learn some songs I've always wanted to play like Black Mountainside

abiliog

Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:16 am

My goals as a begginer, hum well...
At the end of 2010, I wish to stop fighting with barre chords, play some great accoustic songs, learn more theory (great videos on Acoustic Genius Series), improve my technique and ear, my english, and maybe by a new guitar next Christmas.
Also get a smile from my neighbours in the morning... :lol:

Francisco,

frybaby

Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:43 am

Practice Practice practice.. my goal is to log in on the average 1 hour a day.

mattroutley

Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:51 am

My goal?

For my wife to hear me playing and go 'Oh my God, you're amazing! Take me to bed now!!'

:laugh:

MarkM

Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:30 am

Goals aplenty here. I would very much like to learn and understand the fret board. Meaning that I need to learn the theory behind it so that I can make music rather than, as someone stated before, play by the numbers. In addition to that I need to create new muscle memory so that I'm not consistantly staring at my left hand while playing non open chords. Learn to use 4 fingers on my right hand so that I may be able to get the most out my instrument this coming year.

For 20+ years now I go up for a fishing/boondoggle trip to a cabin on the NH border with Canada with the same crew of friends from high school. It is always a great time over the 5 days we are there. I want to be able to have a backlog of 30 or so songs that I can play without hesitation. I'm about 1/3 of the way there now and have 6 months to gather the rest. I would love to be able to pull a few fingerpicking songs out and raise some eyebrows this year.

Last goal is that when we do this post next December I have a whole new set of goals........

MarkM

hasben

Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:43 pm

Very good question!

1. Learn to hold the pick correctly.

2. Learn to hold the pick firmly enough not to drop it down the hole.

3. Learn to hold the pick lightly enough that I can actually strum instead of jab the strings.

4. Think of the many other aspects of playing other than the pick-- like making music.

5. Pick another problem for 2011.

:S

Chasplaya

Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:08 pm

jayswett wrote:
haoli25 wrote:
There are about a dozen songs that I have started many times and either got distracted by something else or gave up because of the difficulty.

Bill
Which songs?

One of my goals is to cajole Matt, Bill, Bear and Chas into posting a video in 2010.
All going well I might beat that deadline lol and get it 2009, thats a goal for this year! I'll think about 2010 goals and get back to this thread.

Chas

Chasplaya

Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:14 pm

mattroutley wrote:
My goal?

For my wife to hear me playing and go 'Oh my God, you're amazing! Take me to bed now!!'

:laugh:
Lol Good one, I have the same goal except its my wife not yours lol

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic