What are your "Guitar Goals" for 2010?

wadestar

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:45 pm

I'm a drunken hearted man, ya sing it! This would be my first pic of Robert Johnson's songs to learn, he sounds drunk lol he works it well.

Catman

Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:04 am

hasben wrote:
Very good question!

1. Learn to hold the pick correctly.

2. Learn to hold the pick firmly enough not to drop it down the hole.

3. Learn to hold the pick lightly enough that I can actually strum instead of jab the strings.

4. Think of the many other aspects of playing other than the pick-- like making music.

5. Pick another problem for 2011.

:S
Improve puns? :)

beaker

Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:01 pm

Hmmm, I have a LOTof guitar goals for 2010!

1. Learn everything in the Acoustic Genius series. I want to understand it all!
2. Finish all the songs that I have been working on and learn then from start to finish.
3. continue working on fingerpicking versions of some Bob Dylan songs
4. Learn a fingerpicking song by Kelly Joe Phelps
5. Learn some Mississippi John Hurt style fingerpicking songs
6. Become more fluent in my scales and jam more and play leads better.

I know it is an ambitious list but I will try!!! , Beaker.

hasben

Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:19 pm

Thanks Catman,

By definition, puns can always be improved! It's a genera thing.
Fred (I cant spel)

hasben

Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:26 pm

I meant to add a smillie. How do ya to dat? Anyway, as a new fellow I appreciate the acceptance of this place, and any man who likes a cat is a cat with me. Fred

tovo

Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:05 pm

Been holding off on this trying to articulate some really clear goals but in the end, I just want to keep playing, hopefully keep improving and enjoying both guitar and the company of the great bunch of people on TG. Those goals shouldn't be hard.

Hasben mate, when you are writing your post you will see all the Emoticons on the left side. Just click on the one you want and it will be inserted wherever your cursor is sitting.

willem

Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:12 pm

tovo wrote:
Been holding off on this trying to articulate some really clear goals but in the end, I just want to keep playing, hopefully keep improving and enjoying both guitar and the company of the great bunch of people on TG. Those goals shouldn't be hard.

Hasben mate, when you are writing your post you will see all the Emoticons on the left side. Just click on the one you want and it will be inserted wherever your cursor is sitting.
but be sure there is atleast one space button klik between your last character and the smile you wanna make...

Chasplaya

Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:20 pm

Like tovo been putting off trying to articulate (nice word that) , anyway it became axiomatic that whatever I do it can't be any more deleterious to my current regime. Main goals are;

1. establish a decent routine for practice,

2. Try to post at least one vid per month for review,

3. create a quiet place to record!!(started today with the cam lost the manual, just found it started recording then txt after txt came in then door went courier parcel, started recording again txt again, started recording phone rang... started again stepdaughter home from work burst in 'Hi Charles'at top of voice in middle of f....ing song start again... The garden shed is beginning to look good!! Need to go have coffee relax and start later this afternoon, I really want this one up before end of year!!

4. Take in review comments and re-run if necessary.

5. Get Police Band better established this year.

tovo

Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:31 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
Like tovo been putting off trying to articulate (nice word that) , anyway it became axiomatic that whatever I do it can't be any more deleterious to my current regime. Main goals are;

1. establish a decent routine for practice,

2. Try to post at least one vid per month for review,

3. create a quiet place to record!!(started today with the cam lost the manual, just found it started recording then txt after txt came in then door went courier parcel, started recording again txt again, started recording phone rang... started again stepdaughter home from work burst in 'Hi Charles'at top of voice in middle of f....ing song start again... The garden shed is beginning to look good!! Need to go have coffee relax and start later this afternoon, I really want this one up before end of year!!

4. Take in review comments and re-run if necessary.

5. Get Police Band better established this year.

Maybe learn a new big word each day?? :)

Seriously Chas, wish you well with getting the video done, it must be one of the most anticipated releases since The White Album! With 3 kids in the house I know all about trying to find a quiet place. Head for the shed mate!

Chasplaya

Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:36 pm

tovo wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:

Maybe learn a new big word each day?? :)
Oh yes and last goal read two pages from the dictionary a day instead of one (actually I used to do that sad eh!)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic