Amps- Which one ?

lh7050

Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:29 am

I am sure there are alot of people using alot of different amps out there so here is my Question ? I am thinking about buying a Ultrasound amp but.... Is it the right one for me. Yeaa I know it's and individual thing but Im wondering what you are playing and do you like it.I would really appreciateyour input. Thanks O yeaa. I play Taylors and am not very interested anymore in electic guitars.

BigBear

Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:06 pm

Ih- you don't say whether you want an electric guitar amp or an amp for your acoustic. But assuming you are looking for an acoustic amp, I did a lot of reseach of on this subject and discovered that modern amps are all so good that you should buy the one with the power and features you want.

I recently bought a Roland Cube 20 for my electric guitar but I like the sound of it so well, I play all my acoustics through it too. I just use the clean channel with a little reverb and chorus and it sounds wonderful and doesn't blow the house away. I recommended this amp to a fellow forum member and he bought a larger Cube and really loves it. They are very clean, tight and have excellent features.

I also use a larger Crate 125 and really love it. It has two channels unlike the Roland and really nice speakers. But it is much higher power and doesn't like to play at really low volumes. But it is definately worth looking at.

Another amp I was really impressed with was the Line 6. Good luck with your amp buying experience and make sure you audition as many as you can.

Cheers! :cheer:

Chasplaya

Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:08 pm

Check this link for a good review of Ultrasound amps, from a fingerstyle acoustic guitarist.

http://www.acousticfingerstyle.com/UltrasoundAmps.htm

Chasplaya

Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:09 pm

Probably one of the best places for reviews is here:

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/revi ... Combo/10/1

tovo

Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:24 pm

I researched Marshall Amps big time and was set to buy before my wife found out how much my guitar was and cut my credit card up (she didn't really cut it up but if I had used it to buy this sweet amp she might have taken the scissors to something else so I refrained):

http://www.marshallamps.com/product.asp ... Code=AS50D

If the AS50D isn't enough Amp for you, check out the AS100D. These are acoustic amps with enough features to keep you happy for a while and most important the clean sound is great.

As you probably indicated yourself, the right amp for you is like the right guitar, personal preference and it's best you do your research. You will get good suggestions here though.

wadestar

Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:24 pm

Big question but it comes down to what are you going to use it for, what size venue, tube or digital, Bass, electric, acoustic or vocal, and what price range. Like buying a guitar try a few out find out what best suits your needs and remember music is an art so have fun and be yourself with your own sound, a quest that can take years.

wadestar

Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:37 pm

Ok I saw on the Chat that you wish to know what & why well I use my Line 6 Spider 3 75 watt Amp because I am a bedroom rocker...uumm plus it has so many cool settings that saved me a lot on pedals, cost was a big one for me so for the value this was my choice Image

dennisg

Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:17 pm

lh,

You don't mention anything about budget or specific features that you're looking for, so this is a bit of a shot in the dark.

I just bought a Roland AC-60 to amp up my Taylor acoustic, and I'm thrilled with it. At 30 watts per channel (it has two channels), it delivers all the power I want, has reverb and chorus effects, and lets you plug in a microphone, which is ideal for making videos for this site.

There are lot of good choices.

- Dennis

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic