Rate Yourself

AndyT

Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:34 pm

I can not play with barre chords. I can make a few of them but I can not play with them. That keeps me solidly in the 2-3 range. I can strum along on most stuff and hear if I'm in the right key. I play with a few different guys and they always look to me to set the rhythm which is scary, but overall, I'd have to say I'm a solid 2 with delusions of 3-4.

If I actually practiced as much as I'd like, I suppose I'd be a good 5 by now. But... there's a New Years resolution for me.

michelew

Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:58 pm

BigBear wrote:
michelew wrote:
Well by frybaby's scale I too am a 1 since I haven't mastered barre chords (one of my goals for this year). I can play them, but I can't change into and out of them consistently and well. I need heaps more practice. In fingerpicking I'm a little more than 1 I'm thinking....

Michele- you a LOT better than a 1 ! Give yourself some credit girl, you have progressed magnificently!! Cheers to you and barre chords in 2010!! :laugh:
Thanks Bear! And I hope to improve a lot more during 2010 and am sure I will with all the fabulous teaching and advice I've been getting from Neil and you and the rest of this fantastic community. A big thanks to all of you - I could not have progressed anywhere near as much without the support and encouragement of all my TG friends.

michelew

Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:11 am

Suzi - I think you're way more than a 1, I often look at your stuff and think 'I wish I could play that as well as that'. Maybe you, Megan and I should form the 'Women conquering barre chords club' - (no boys allowed). Hmmm...maybe we should come up with a name that has a better acronym.

OK - maybe boys can join if they agree to wear boobs when then play - I'm sure that will change your guitar playing - it's like having a thick shirt but higher.

TGJIM

Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:19 am

michelew wrote:
Suzi - I think you're way more than a 1, I often look at your stuff and think 'I wish I could play that as well as that'. Maybe you, Megan and I should form the 'Women conquering barre chords club' - (no boys allowed). Hmmm...maybe we should come up with a name that has a better acronym.

OK - maybe boys can join if they agree to wear boobs when then play - I'm sure that will change your guitar playing - it's like having a thick shirt but higher.
Oh Amen, Michele! Let's just say I was really surprised when I picked up a guitar for the first time and tried to find a comfortable playing position. I hadn't really considered the logistics thoroughly. We'll see what position I end up in...

I'd totally join that club. Sounds like fun.

dennisg

Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:30 am

michelew wrote:
You could call your women's club PMS: Practicing Music Sisters

- Dennis

AndyT

Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:37 am

LOL Dennis... QUICK! DUCK!

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:51 am

You could call your women's club PMS: Practicing Music Sisters
- Dennis
Dennis, it's been nice knowing you! :woohoo:

wiley

Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:19 am

suziko

Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:42 pm

michelew wrote:

How about: Bad-Ass Breasted Educated Strummers- BABES

I'm not thrilled with the "E." Erudite? Enticing?

dennisg

Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:50 pm

Or how about BOOBS: Breasts Oriented Over Bass Strings

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic