Ten Years After: "I'd Love to Change the World" (a first attempt)

michelew

Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:45 pm

This looks like a tricky song Cosmic, especially for your first post. You look like you've got the chord changes down nicely. The others have provided good suggestions, so I'm sure it'll come together completely for you soon. THanks for posting.

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:16 pm

Hi man beat me to the posting thing, well done, nothing to add that hasn't been said, just keep on keeping on man.

Good on ya mate and Happy New Year

reiver

Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:25 pm

Cosmic - this is not a song I'm familiar with and it looks quite tricky but you seem to be well on your way to mastering it. Nice one.

r

johnrfeeney

Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:57 pm

love that song also, great playing Cosmic and what a great video from utube dekotaj shared - a haunting tune

BobR

Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:23 pm

Hi Cosmic,
Great song for a first post. Sounds like you have all the parts down, now a little on the timing and you've got it. Singing also good job.

Happy New Year !!

Bob

tovo

Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:52 am

Cool song Cosmic. I can't add anything but congratulations for posting, and a comment that I was reminded of John Lennon when I watched your video. I'm not saying you look like his brother, but there's a passing resemblance. In case you wonder....yes it IS a compliment from me.

cosmicmechanic

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:39 pm

willem, Al, Michele, Chas, reiver, John, Bob, tovo

Thanks for your input. Yes, it is a tricky tune and that got me to thinking on how a great part of the enjoyment of playing an instrument is that it REPEATEDLY makes the learning process "visible".

Another sneaky way of getting into a habit of keeping alert, hungry for that new insight. Ain't that great?

Chas: I managed to post a video before you? Yeah, you know it was just to spite you :P

Tovo: Hey, and that was a "bad hair" day, too! Imagine! lol, thanks for a kind word.

jayswett

Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:41 am

Just watched this again. I liked it the first time, but even more the second time. I'd seriously consider posting a followup in a couple of weeks. I'm going to try to learn this today. Jim Croce will just have to wait.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:13 am

Hey Cosmic, you hid this away in another thread so I missed it, as I normally look at everything posted in the Upload for Review thread.
Firstly, well done and welcome to the posters' club! I've never heard this song before but I can see you have all the components down pretty well. I would echo Al's comments to slow it down a touch to get an even flow and someone commented on the timing of the bass notes. To me. it looks quite difficult so bravo on going for it! Hope to see an update or a new posting soon.... now you've jumped into the cold water, it's not so cold, is it!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic