RE Posting Guitar Lesson Links

frybaby

Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:44 pm

Forum Folks
Big Jim wrote the following in his message about posting other links.
Hi Everyone,

Please do not start threads to collect other guitar site links. I know the intention of sharing free resources was honorable but I already see some red flags with what was posted. We are going to have a place for other resources. Please allow us time to give all of you a way to send us your suggestions. I made a copy of all the links in that thread and did not simply delete them. We will filter them and use them for any future resource area of the site.
Thanks,
Big Jim

I was wondering how that should be interpreted. I recently found a site that has some very good intermediate lessons.

I am not intrested in breaking any Forum rules by starting a thread to collect link, but was wondering if it ok to just post the one I have.
Thanks in advance for guidance on the issue.

Chasplaya

Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:12 pm

Hi Mate, The best thing to do first, before posting it, is PM Matt or Jim with the link and ask about it.

BigBear

Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:32 pm

Frybaby- I think the point here is that TARGET and TG are a for-profit business and the owners have gone to great lengths to pull people to this site so they can see the quality and content. Posting a link to any other guitar education site, either fee or for free, pulls people away from TG.

It is completely reasonable that Matt and team shouldn't have to provide this forum to allow us to divert potential TARGET members to other sites. Today's free site might be tomorrow's pay site!

Cheers! :cheer:

frybaby

Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:45 pm

Thanks BigBear, I can certainly understand, and agree completely. Thanks

Music Junkie

Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:32 pm

frybaby wrote:
Thanks BigBear, I can certainly understand, and agree completely. Thanks
frybaby:

Like Chas said, you cam PM Matt or Big Jim with the link and they can check it out to see what it is and how it might or might not fit into our site here. I have had great success with checking prior to posting something. The guys are very helpful and very supportive of these kinds of things. They will let you know in a kind way whether it is a yes or a no. When in doubt, check in behind the scenes first. Saves any misunderstandings.... B)

MJ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic