So what is everyone working on?

MarkM

Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:33 pm

Good day all. Just put the guitar down for a few minutes and I was thinking about where I've been and what I'm going to try and learn next. So I'd be real interested in knowing what everyone else is working on. Here is what I'm doing at the moment. I get bored/frustrated easily so I have several that I bounce around with

Neils Lessons:
1. Harvest Moon (I'll get that fill right and then I'm done)
2. The Beatles You've Got to Hide Your Love Away (Having trouble with keeping the time on this one)
3. The Beatles Across the Universe (coming along nicely)
4. Neil Young Old Man (been doing this for over a year and still trying to get the feel right. I'll post this next week most likely)
5. Greatful Dead - Friend of the Devil (still trying to speed it up and get clean with the pattern)

Other songs
1. Neil Young - Sugar Mountain (Love this song and I think I've got it almost right)
2. Queen - '39 - For me this is such a hard song to play
3. The Beatles - I Saw Her Standing There (Fun song to play and sing. Need to get the B7 solid and then its a go)
4. U2 - One - Filmed this yesteday but after careful review I need to brush it up more before I post it.
5. Neil Young - Cowgirl in the Sand (another I've been working on for a long time now. There is a bit of lead work in the middle that I'm trying to get done right.)

As you can see not fingerpicking songs in this bunch for now. I do need to start some of that soon though.

aitch

Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:45 pm

I'm trying to focus on the entry level fingerpicking stuff mostly.

Dust in the Wind
Shades of Funk

and
My My Hey Hey (going well except the F is still kickin my butt)

lmc831

Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:23 pm

I have been practicing on; Here comes the Sun;Dust in the Wind;Is there anyone out there?; Fire and Rain;Harvest Moon;Shades of Funk...guess u can say I like the fingerpicking guitar style. Still working on Romanza, but the second part is no fun for me. Anyway, I go back and forth with these pieces almost everyday.

Lisa

TGMatt

Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:29 pm

Romeo and Juliet

;)

reiver

Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:37 pm

TGMatt wrote:
Romeo and Juliet

;)
Look forward to you posting this soon Matt :)

MarkM

Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:39 pm

Ah......Romeo and Juliet. Always loved that song. Can't wait to see it.

MarkM

Lavallee

Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:46 pm

Matt , do you know something we don't ? ;)

I am currently working on Wish you were here, Over the Hills and far away,Dust in the Wind, Windy and Warm, Mother Goose, Bouree, some rhythm sheets and as a long term project, Mood for a Day that I hope I can go through thanks to alternating fingers on the same string technique learned from Neil in Classical Gas.

Marc

beaker

Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:50 pm

Hi Folks, my current projects are:

Shades of Funk
Strong Enough
Old Man
Over the Hills.....
Needle & Damage
Scarborogh Fair
Major Scales... minors next

Don't think twice it's alright

I am running through these regularly, they are all coming well. Beaker.

Video's soon....

michelew

Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:24 am

I've got to admit that I've been bouncing around a little because you guys are so damn (sorry Andy) inspiring :silly: . I'm planning on sitting down and deciding what my learning queue will be for the next few months and then try to stick to it (for a big portion of my playing at least). I'll consider coming back and posting once I've decided.

waggis

Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:40 am

I also am jumping around a bit. Trying to work on blues pieces like "Nobody Knows you when your Down and Out" and "Malted Milk".

From TG I guess I'm spending the most time on Black Bird,Yesterday, Embryonic Journey and Classical Gas. There are so many interesting pieces on this site that I have difficuty to focus. :blink:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic