So what is everyone working on?

AndyT

Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:18 am

Michele,
It's Ok, I know exactly what you mean! LOL

I've decided I need to go back and start all over. I put together a strumming practice routine and some chord change routines WITH barre chords. I'll still play what I can to end off my sessions, but I really want to get these three things down solid. Strumming, chord changes and barres. This will move me up to a strong level 4 or 5 maybe 6 player. That will be a huge jump for me.

Now I just need to get the practice in.

jayswett

Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:34 am

I'm with Michele on this. I'm just bouncing around from one thing to another and definitely need to get organized. Once things calm down after the holidays, the first thing I'm going to do is set some goals, establish a practice routine, and get just my act together generally.

mark

Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:27 am

I'm jumping around as well.

Working on embyronic journey
black mountainside by led zeppelin
Irish Girl by Adrian Legg
and just about to start Never going back again by fleetwood mac

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:19 pm

Normally being a well organised person this site frustrates the heck outa me LOL, I bounce around all over the place, not staying long enough to really get into anything, so one of my New Year resolutions is to really get into a routine and bounce around in a logical pattern. Songs working on at present , 'Norwegian Wood' just started learning that after the flurry of activity on the site with that one, hard to understand the 2 rating though; another not on the site is 'Longer' by Dan Fogelberg, fluidity is the issue with this at present; and my target debut project which keeps getting interupted with issues beyond my control mostly family reasons. But hey i'll get there

wiley

Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:51 pm

dekotaj

Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:16 pm

Hey Chas,Dan Fogelberg,longer great song,If your not already,try it in open G tuning.

Kevin

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:22 pm

dekotaj wrote:
Hey Chas,Dan Fogelberg,longer great song,If your not already,try it in open G tuning.

Kevin
Kevin, I play it on my resonator which is set up for slide and permanently in Open G, so that means high action making it very tough to play. But its a beautiful tune and song, maybe a future collaboration with some half decent singer on the site ... Now Switzerland comes to mind maybe.... Ale!!! our latest TG DIva

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:38 pm

TGMatt wrote:
Romeo and Juliet

;)
I'll bet this is in the pipeline right now, Neil intro'd it on his happy New Year vid, awesome song.

BobR

Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi,

I too am with Michele. I seem to be bouncing around a lot. I need to focus a bit more, but there's so much here it's tough. I have been talking about Harvest moon for a bit and hope to get it clean soon to post. I thought of posting it today but I went with Father and Son instead. Anyway I've been messing around with these.

My My Hey Hey
Nights in White Satin
Story in your eyes
Cinnamon Girl

Happy New year everyone !!! :woohoo:

Bob

wadestar

Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Simple answer is Open tunings, but that goes from Robert Johnson, The Rolling Stones to The Black Crowes so gets complicated fast for the long answer.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic