Anyone get (or give) something guitar-related for the holidays?

hasben

Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:18 pm

Hey Chris, is a Gator-G super sling legal? Is it used only for pole dancing? :laugh:
Fred

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:22 pm

Hey Chris, is a Gator-G super sling legal? Is it used only for pole dancing? Fred
Funny you should mention that Fred, Al usually wears them so he'd be best to tell you all about that (happened before you joined) but he'd really appreciate a PM from you about that ;-).

Now, is your interest in Pole Dancing of a professional nature.... or just private :woohoo:

hasben

Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:28 pm

As you know Chris, I'm kinda new here; but as far as I can tell Al's in the tropics: a good place to wear a super sling, but...I don't wanta see it! Pole dancing? Give me a pole!
Fred

Chasplaya

Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:22 pm

hasben wrote:
As you know Chris, I'm kinda new here; but as far as I can tell Al's in the tropics: a good place to wear a super sling, but...I don't wanta see it! Pole dancing? Give me a pole!
Fred
This is an International site so there is bound to be a Pole somewhere you can dance with....

recon3e3

Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:28 pm

I am a luthier and gave several guitars away to some vets. I did get some new routers and other stuff for shop needed. Now waiting for some new top woods wife bought for me so can make some money

prawnpig

Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:51 pm

for christmas my wife bought me a recording king resinator ukulele very cool and i got some guitar strings from the guy i work with

Music Junkie

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:25 pm

recon3e3 wrote:
I am a luthier and gave several guitars away to some vets. I did get some new routers and other stuff for shop needed. Now waiting for some new top woods wife bought for me so can make some money
Tools and supplies for the wood shop are always a welcome treasure...... I got a few for Christmas as well. Not a luthier, but a woodworker to be sure. My current project is constructing and installing new cabinets and computer desk for my wife. She gives me an idea of what she wants, and turns me loose..... That is when I am in my element.

I am on the waiting list for a Luthier school in southern California right now. Keeping my fingers crossed. I am very interested to learn more about it.

MJ

recon3e3

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:43 pm

Might think of Bryan Galloup School in MI. Don't know where you live or time and money can invest, but his 8 month class is great and build electric, ss acoustic, cutaway classical and archtop. That is from when I last heard. Join OLF on line. I did the Galloup school and then worked for Bourgeois and Bill Moll in Springfield MO ss and archtops. now in my garage working butt of but loving it

quincy451

Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:35 pm

recon3e3, welcome to totallyguitars.com nice to have a luther in the mix.

Me and my wife continued our non traditional way of self gifting.
She got a blackberry, I got a new guitar and case. I got the
guitar well before xmas. In time for xmas I got new strings
I wanted to put on. In putting those strings on I found the
nut slots was cut way to thin for the new strings. So I decided
if I need to get out the needle files to take care of that I was
going to lower the nut where I wanted it, and while I was at it
I was going to lower the saddle to a new low for me. Result...

Brick...

new nut and saddle on order. I sanded the nut too low and did
not take into account that lowering the saddle at the same time
would change the angle of the strings. So now the strings are
too low at the first and second fret to be workable.

So that is what I did over xmas holiday...I trashed a guitar.

quincy451

Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:42 pm

One more comment for our luther comes to mind. I had thought of putting together a guitar kit for the practice and fun of customizing the build and finish. Then in the process of installing network cable for the new office updates, before the flooring is put down I took the router and decided to route channels for network cable. Two channels about 20 feet in length...yea they work for network cable and good thing the new flooring will cover them. Yea...I am not placing a router anywhere near my guitars. I might as well use a hacksaw...it was bad...so it goes.

David

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic