Question for TG Family

dekotaj

Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:27 am

Dennis opened up a thread the other day,Why did you upload that video? And he said.

For me, the purpose of watching Neil's lessons and learning new songs is to get out of my comfort zone by learning new techniques. I don't want to just upload songs I play well so that I can get kudos. I want to learn songs that stretch me as a player. So whenever I upload a video, I'll try to let you know what I learned from the song. I hope you'll do the same when you upload.

And I agree,But it got me (THANKING)and yes this dose get me in trouble ALOT.And This my not be what this FORUM is for.BUT I found Neil on U-Tube and This wonderful family by looking for Guitar lessons on U-Tube.So if we all were to post the Video we play well(and remember we upload to u-tube and the hole world can see them)And when they see them they come to or site T.A.R.G.E.T Member Videos.And i was thinking more people come to are site, more people join are site, the bigger the family gets.And(BEFORE)we all start Upload a ton of videos the whole world can see.Maybe Neil or Matt Should Chime In.So with that what dose the family think of this.And be nice to me its just a thought.

Kevin

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:31 am

Everyone post their best song: BEST OF TG.
Like it Dakota!

TGMatt

Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:16 pm

Yeah its something we kind of expected to happen anyway this year as people got more confident..so show us your best ...

mmmbldo

Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 pm

Apologies if this is what Kevin was suggesting in the first place......Maybe there should be levels of viewing permissions, for example allow the world to see what we consider our best videos but only allow members (or some subset of members) to see videos still in the rougher, learning stages.

Chasplaya

Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:59 pm

mmmbldo wrote:
Apologies if this is what Kevin was suggesting in the first place......Maybe there should be levels of viewing permissions, for example allow the world to see what we consider our best videos but only allow members (or some subset of members) to see videos still in the rougher, learning stages.
If this were possible this would be good. Keep in mind some people struggle (me included) to post a video and the extra pressure of the World seeing them could be daunting. So a tiered scheme would work well.

michelew

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:03 pm

I might be getting confused here, but the videos that we upload tot the TG channel (for review) can be seen by the world. Have I missed something?

dekotaj

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:48 pm

yes michele,you are right,the whole world dose see them.My point was when people look for a song on u-tube,it comes up saying whom did them,so the more vids we put up on u-tube the more or site gets seen,the more people see us the more will join us then thy will post there vids more people will see them join are family and so on and so on.So we post are videos and or family will grow.

Kevin

michelew

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:51 pm

Ahhhh... now I'm with you Kevin. Got it! A very worthy plot.

dekotaj

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:49 pm

Yes .It is kind of a plot.I guess the only reason i brought it up.It seems to me that there's got to be alot of people out there look for lesson on the web.And not a better place for them to find that,than right here.So we need to help them find us.So this site can shear with them,what it has giving us.

goldleaf

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:57 pm

Good ideas, let me suggest another point of view. We are now closed to monthly membership, I assume because Neil & Matt & TG team feel they have as many members as they can serve well at this time. This, I assume is the reason membership is closed. We now can spend more time on the members that have put the time and effort into helping get TG where it is now. For example, Neil did a Video Review today and I think a lot of people can benefit from it, but if Neil and others are busy with increasing numbers of members the current membership will have less time from Neil and the TG team. I guess the point is I am not sure we need to change what videos we submit so we can get more people to become aware of TG although there are free services and one time purchases that TG would benefit from by having more viewers. Just another point of view to consider. I am very satisfied with TG and will help in any way I can to make it a better place. Gary

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic