Update Time

heyjoe

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:06 am

Hello All

Sorry its been a while since I posted, as most if not all of you will know, moving house takes a lot of energy and demands all of your time and energy.

So, we're in the new house now, we're pretty much unpacked-guitar is on its stand having just been played and practised on properly for the first time in over a month, so I thought I'd come and see how everyone is doing.

Life is good here, although my hands have been wrecked for the last 3 weeks, packing and unpacking means you're going to get cuts on your fingers, and they hurt when they hit strings, so now they have healed, its back to playing.

I hope everyone had a happy and healthy christmas and new year, and in a new years 'resolution' type way, I'd like to know how everyone is getting on playing wise, did the festivities limit your practice, and what are you aiming for this year? Are you going to learn that song that you've always struggled with? Are you going to do an open-mic night? Are you going to fly to the USA and book that week of lessons with Neil that you've always wanted?

So, what are your plans for this year, as I'm just about to sit down and work out what mine are, they don't have to be resolutions, just things you would like to do.

Joe

Music Junkie

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:40 am

Joe:

Glad you are getting things in order. I have always found that it takes at least 6 months to get fully settled into a new place and get things where you want them to be. As long as you can sit down for a few minutes each night when you are done and strum around a bit, it should help you unwind and keep your fingers nimble. I am very happy for you, and I look forward to seeing you around more often again. Take care my friend!

MJ

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:49 am

Hey Joe, glad to see you back... we missed you! Wish you many happy years in that new house.
I took my guitar with me on holiday to Spain so I got some practice in and as you will see, many of us were able to posts a few songs as we had time to record too. I'll save the money on that flight to the US as I have about 2 years worth of lessons right here on TG already! Neil's been getting some video feedback done so it's like a live lesson any way.
Good to have you back.

reiver

Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:07 pm

Good to have you back Joe. Glad the move went smoothly and you can get down to some serious practice. I've had a good holiday with plenty of guitar playing - much of it due to the video posted by Jay (jayswett) of Guaranteed, an Eddie Vedder song from the Into the Wild soundtrack. Lots of good songs on it - well worth checking out (as is Jay's video).

hasben

Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:14 pm

Joe,
I'm kinda new here but have been getting to know the crew. Glad you got moved! In my opinion moving ranks up there with hauling hay and digging ditches as the worst job in the world! Recover, get your stuff stowed away and settle in. Many years of happy life in your new location!
Fred from Muskogee

Catman

Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:21 pm

Joe,

I hope the guitar gets used to it's new home soon :)

David

dekotaj

Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:32 pm

Good to have you back Joe.

Kevin

BigBear

Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:59 pm

Joe- It's so great to see your smiling face back with us again! I think I speak for all of us when I say we were worried about you. I'm glad the move is over and you are on to more fun things, like playing your guitar!

Welcome back to the forum! :cheer:

tovo

Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:15 pm

Hey Joe glad you are back mate. Moving sucks no question. Happy New Year, hope 21010 is a good one for you.

Whoops! Chas is right onto it. (At least he reads what I write I guess) 2010 I meant!

Chasplaya

Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:04 pm

tovo wrote:
Hey Joe glad you are back mate. Moving sucks no question. Happy New Year, hope 21010 is a good one for you.
Jeez Tony talk about fast forward, didn't think Joe had been MIA that long lol.

Good to see you back Joe, hope you and yours are settling in to the new home.

Chas

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic