NEW SIMON & PATRICK GUITAR

kenoakee

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:04 am

hello
i just bought a new "simon and patrick woodland pro mini jumbo spruce hg" can anyone tell me any thing about em?.....i keep second guessing my choice and might exchange it ...let me elaborate on the story a little more first ive been playing for almost 1 year now i started playing on a "epiphone dr 90" my son got last christmas from santa,he don't play it alot but i sure do trying tot inspire him to learn and have gotten not too bad considering ive never had a lesson...anyways ive decided i realy enjoy playing and decided to get myself my own guitar so my son can have his to play along hopfully :woohoo: ..so i went to the guitar store to get one realy thinking i would end up with a seagull and walked out with the formentioned guitar ...now i know its essentially the same manufacturer but ???

haoli25

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:12 am

Hi KENOAKEE. I have read nothing but good things about the S&P guitars. They are supposed to be a very good value for the money. What's your opinion of them? Likes and dislikes?

Bill

kenoakee

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:22 am

well my playing abillities are somewhat limited thats why i am having problems being comfortable with my purchase..for my abillity it sounds good to me ..way better than the dr 90 ive been playing a little different to play but thats probably to be expected

haoli25

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:29 am

KENOAKEE, I have read that the sound and action of the S&P guitars compares very well with a Seagull or a Larivee, and that's pretty good in anybody's book! lol

If you are new to playing the guitar, I suggest that you consider becoming a member of the TARGET program. Neil's lessons are the best and the guitar theory lessons are unmatched by any other guitar site. There are also a lot of great people on this site willing to help you become the guitar player you want to be.

Bill

kenoakee

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:45 am

yes i love the lessons neil gives he has an incredible way of explaining things and i have learned alot of what i know from his free lessons as well as the lesson previews..i realy do want to become a target member have had for some time ..since its release! its just that between my procrastonation, and convincing the other half i need to spend just a little more on the whole guitar thing ...lol

haoli25

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:50 am

I understand completely KENOAKEE. I will tell you though, you can ask any TARGET member you choose and they will tell you that it is the best money they have ever spent...even the cheapskates! lol

Bill

AndyT

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:57 am

haoli25 wrote:
..even the cheapskates! lol
Hey, Who you calling cheap? Here in Hawaii we call it Pake. (Pa-kay. Slang for cheap)

haoli25

Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:01 am

um...err....FRUGAL...yeah, that's the ticket, FRUGAL is what I meant to say. :laugh:

kenoakee

Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:26 am

lol :laugh: call it what ya want i still need to convince the lady of my life that the lessons would be benificial to her ..lol....maby if i convince her its for our sons benifit??..??

Chasplaya

Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:33 am

S&Ps get a good review , importantly if you like the sound then its right for you. And who's a cheapskate Bill I've just got short arms and deep pockets lol We Scots are reknowned for being thrifty, which means if we spend anything its gotta be on exceptionally good value. Ken Find out the cost of face to face lessons with a local teacher then show the other half the comparison, then tell her to talk to us, we'll put her right mate!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic