NEW SIMON & PATRICK GUITAR

kenoakee

Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:45 am

chasplaya
your not upset that it not a cole clark? i think it was you who were raving about them in one of the other threads i was reading

reiver

Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:22 am

I've had my Simon & Patrick (SP6) for many years (can't remember how many) - and it sounds great now. If you join up you'll be able to hear it on my video posts............. Go on. You know it makes sense!

r

AndyT

Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:41 am

Chas is still trying to get the Sales Rep position for Cole Clark. Meanwhile Bear is working for Taylor and I'm still trying to recycle enough of anything to get me a really nice new guitar. I'm stuck playing a 1972 Takamine. but boy howdy does she ever sound sweet!

I've heard of S&P but I've never played one. I looked at their website and I see they have slightly larger necks. That's a good thing to me.

Since you already have one, don't outguess yourself and over analyze it. Just love it and play it. A lot. A whole lot. It's a quality instrument and you did good choosing it.

Petex

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:16 am

Here is some info on S&P http://acapella.harmony-central.com/arc ... 37598.html They are good quitars for the money made by Quebecois who really care about their products and have the skills necessary to produce quality instuments that embody good constrution techniques and well selected materials. Don't think you will find anything much better for the money but the Norman line which costs a bit more comes from the same corporate group.

Good luck
Peter

prawnpig

Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:42 am

I have played my brother in laws s&p nice playable guitar beleive they are made by godin named after his 2 sons if you like it its a good guitar thats all that matters

karl01

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:41 pm

I have a SP and a Seagull they are both made by Godin. I love them both. My profile pic is my Seagull mini jumbo cutaway. I traded my Takamine and some cash for it just before Christmas and love it. My Sp is a woodland and I have had it for about 8 months and love playing it as well.

If you like the feel and the sound you made the right choice.

Karl

wadestar

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:37 pm

I love Godin Products I have a performer Seagull, and working on getting a Godin Summit CT for a new electric. I know you will grow into your guitar, nice choice!

Chasplaya

Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:33 pm

kenoakee wrote:
chasplaya
your not upset that it not a cole clark? i think it was you who were raving about them in one of the other threads i was reading
Not at all the S & P is a fine guitar using some of the technology used by Cole Clark, The integrated neck for example. So the S&P is a good lead into one of the finest guitars out there, a natural progression from S&P to Cole Clark lol!

goldleaf

Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:06 pm

From all I've heard and read they are fine guitars. Have you had it set up by a Luthier or someone knowledgable in setting up guitars, it can make a major difference and is well worth the cost. Then you really know what you have & that your getting the best playability & sound from it. IMHO Gary

kenoakee

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:10 am

well its official i switched out the "s&p woodland mini jumbo spruce hg" for a "s&p showcase flame maple" ..i think i'm happier with this one

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic