Martin and Taylor

tovo

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:51 pm

kennyf wrote:
Actually, I'm sorry that I responded to this topic at all. Sometimes I forget that what I say may be inadvertently slamming something that somebody already owns and loves. I truly apologize if I've offended anyone.

Bottom line... Play before you buy and be happy with what you own.
Hey Kenny you have nothing to apologise for. You didn't "slam" anyone. My thread was never meant to become a slanging match between owners of different brands, nor has it. It just struck me as very interesting that there are SO MANY Taylor owners on this site, and wanted to explore the reason.

MarkM

Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:46 pm

BigBear wrote:
AndyT wrote:
I've played a couple of Taylors and I guess I'm one of the few that did not fall in love with them.

Sorry buddy, my statement referred to Taylor owners not just sightseers! To fall in love you have to own one and have it sitting in the case calling to you to pull it out and play it!! :cheer:

So I'm stuck in a hotel in Burlington VT on business and I can hear my guitar 200 miles away in my case tell me to get my A$$ home. I guess I'm in love.......... :laugh:

MarkM

haoli25

Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:53 pm

Welcome to the club Mark!

Bill Image

BigBear

Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 pm

MarkM wrote:

So I'm stuck in a hotel in Burlington VT on business and I can hear my guitar 200 miles away in my case tell me to get my A$$ home. I guess I'm in love.......... :laugh:

MarkM

Now that is a true Taylor owner!!!! lol! :laugh:

MarkM

Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:07 pm

So instead of trying to get some work done I'm here, again...... So if I can't be home playing at least I can read posts about playing. :cheer:

I'm not sure if this constitutes a problem, obsession, or that I'm just plain bored with nothing to do.... :woohoo:

This is only for one night. I've got a trip to Vegas for a week in Feb. I'm going to go nuts that many days away from playing....... :ohmy:

MarkM

rbrisson

Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:30 pm

I do admire and respect Martin Guitars--it's just a great company full of tradition--but if I walked into a guitar shop with $3500 I would buy a Taylor, no question. I just love the sound, the looks, and the fast, narrow neck. Taylor was founded during Martin's "dark years" of the 70s, and rose to fill the need for a more contemporary, quality instrument. I think Taylor played an important role in the 80s and 90s to "raise the bar" again in American guitarmaking, since the major manufacturers seemed to have lost their way in terms of quality and innovation.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic