O-Port: as mystifying as the G-spot?

dennisg

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:32 pm

Okay, I consider it my mission to bring new products to the attention of my fellow TGers. The goal? Tell me if it's worthwhile or a total crock. Here's what it says on the home page:

A truly brilliant product of acoustical engineering, the O-Port gives any guitar more clarity, richer sound and brighter notes. It is a unique product of soundwave science that does more than just suppress feedback; with the O-Port, your acoustic guitar will have more clarity, better projection and a sound so enhanced that you will never want to take it out again.

I've never heard of this product, but then I've never heard of a lot of guitar-related products, since I'm new to playing. But I have to say that I found their "Artist endorsement" page humorous. Of the four endorsements, one is from the inventor of the product and another is from one of the product testers.

Tell us what you think: http://www.dmg-austin.com

- Dennis

hasben

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:38 pm

Dennis, I'll take a look at it; but comparsion, what is a G-spot?

haoli25

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:52 pm

Well, it looks like a feminine device of some sort.

Bill Image

hasben

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:56 pm

Perhaps so Bill. Dennis kindly provided a link for the new-not-to-be-missed O-Port, but before we can compare we need some info on the G-Spot.
Dennis, any info you could provide would be appreciated.

Fred

Chasplaya

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:05 pm

hasben wrote:
Dennis, I'll take a look at it; but comparsion, what is a G-spot?
Most mere males have no clue so i'm told.

I would be skeptical of this product, don't they have a sound sample? If not why not?

AndyT

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:14 pm

Interesting. I can see how it might work. The physics are there, but does it do enough to really make a difference? Hard to tell without trying one.

dennisg

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:16 pm

AndyT wrote:
Interesting. I can see how it might work. The physics are there, but does it do enough to really make a difference? Hard to tell without trying one.
Are you referring to the O-Port or the G-spot?

- Dennis

AndyT

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:19 pm

The O-port.
I did an intensive study of the G-Spot in my younger years and It is possible to do almost magical things with it, but I'm not allowed to pass that info on to others any longer. It's considered to be a deadly weapon in the wrong hands.

dennisg

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:28 pm

AndyT wrote:
I did an intensive study of the G-Spot in my younger years and It is possible to do almost magical things with it, but I'm not allowed to pass that info on to others any longer. It's considered to be a deadly weapon in the wrong hands.
I can see why it led you to the ministry. It caused me to do a lot praying, too.

AndyT

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:29 pm

LOL SHAME on us!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic