O-Port: as mystifying as the G-spot?

dennisg

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:26 pm

wammer wrote:
Well Well Well BOYS :ohmy:

Thank you.............. I sure did get a chuckle out of this thread
Good for you, wammer. I like that you enjoyed the thread. That's what the title was for. The amount of male anxiety and hand-wringing over this just amazes me. This is about 10 times tamer than what you hear on prime-time TV all over the world.

BigBear

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:31 pm

Did I miss something? We can't talk about Christmas songs on the forum but it's okay to discuss G-Spots? Where's Dr. Phil when you need him!!!

Now I understand what shrinks mean when they say "conflicted"! LMAO!! :laugh:

dennisg

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:37 pm

BigBear wrote:
Did I miss something? We can't talk about Christmas songs on the forum but it's okay to discuss G-Spots? Where's Dr. Phil when you need him!!!

Now I understand what shrinks mean when they say "conflicted"! LMAO!! :laugh:
Okay, guys. This post did it for me. I'm out.

AndyT

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:37 pm

Its a natural part of God's creation, but this is not the place to discuss it. A joke here and there is ok as long as its innocently done and people are not offended. But lets not overdo it either... ;)

wrench

Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:03 pm

There are some physics that suggest this thing, or something like it, might work. Google up Helmholtz Resonance. If it did work, I would have thought the manufacturer would do a better job presenting and explaining his proof. I find the marketing far less credible than the concept. I would love to hear from anyone who actually tried one.

For what its worth, the Helmholtz resonant frequency of my dreadnaught is 100Hz, and my jumbo is 200Hz.

tom18

Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:22 pm

Reminiscent of the world famous Mpingo disc for your stereo system. Just say no to both.
http://www.shunmook.com

AndyT

Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:49 pm

After a bit more study on it, I think it would work. There is air moving in and out of the soundhole on the guitar and this would help to intensify it. It's likely to raise the volume, but at the same time, it seems as though it would cut out many of the surrounding frequencies the guitar makes.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:44 am

I'm sure that it could work to minimize feedback onstage, but sound from the guitar comes from the movement of the top, not so much the soundhole. The soundhole on the guitar is only there to allow air movement and let the top act as a speaker cone.

I'd say skip this one, or not as mystifying....no.

Nick Grafenberg

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic