Do you like to listen to the same type of music you like to play?

wrench

Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:06 pm

wandoctor wrote:
And if we had psychiatrists, would we need guitars?
Doesn't matter. They cost the same.

wrench

Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:11 pm

Moondog wrote:
wrench wrote:
Moondog wrote:
I find the more I play the better my appreciation for other types of music. I play mostly classic rock songs and I do listen to a lot of classic rock but mostly I listen to 80s and 90s metal.

Mike
Not to pry, but in the interest of science.....what is your age give or take a decade?

Dan
I don't think one should act there age. I still ride Sport Bikes (although I no longer race), go paint balling, ect.

Mike
AHA! Sport bikes, paintballing, metal - It fits! Then lifestyle influences our preferences?

AndyT

Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:26 pm

Hmmmm... I think most of you could guess a big portion of my song selections.

Christian Music is a huge part of my life.
But also if you take the soundtrack to Forrest Gump, Benny Goodman, Tommy Dorsey, List, Chopin, Mozart, Ravel, then throw in a handful of Folk players from the 50's to the 70's and you have most of what I like to listen to.

I'd play all of it if I could.

Moondog

Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:47 pm

wrench wrote:
Moondog wrote:
wrench wrote:
Moondog wrote:

Not to pry, but in the interest of science.....what is your age give or take a decade?

Dan
I don't think one should act there age. I still ride Sport Bikes (although I no longer race), go paint balling, ect.

Mike
AHA! Sport bikes, paintballing, metal - It fits! Then lifestyle influences our preferences?
I wouldn't say Lifestyle influences preferences as much as exposure influences preferences.

d_dog

Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:54 pm

Yes

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:06 pm

Dan, I love so much music from so many different styles, I couldn't possibly play it all. But I do play a lot of the songs that are my real favourites... that is pure joy! Not big fan of Jazz, though. Music is emotion and moods.... wouldn't want to play some of the moods I have !! ;-)

wammer

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:36 pm

MJ I feel your pain. I like and listen to anything that has a beat. Although brought up listening to country (hurtin) tunes. And have had the oppratunity to meet a number of country artist in my child hood. Ive been told and teased about my singing country. Not the new country though. Apperntly I "just have that twang in my voice". No I-pod yet but my mp3 player is loaded with everything from the 60's to the 90's all songs I can belt out when no one is listening LOL

Tammy

Music Junkie

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:23 pm

wammer wrote:
MJ I feel your pain. I like and listen to anything that has a beat. Although brought up listening to country (hurtin) tunes. And have had the oppratunity to meet a number of country artist in my child hood. Ive been told and teased about my singing country. Not the new country though. Apperntly I "just have that twang in my voice". No I-pod yet but my mp3 player is loaded with everything from the 60's to the 90's all songs I can belt out when no one is listening LOL

Tammy
Tammy:

I grew up listening to:

Mom's Tunes - Barry Manilow / Frankie Valli / Hall & Oates / Etc.
Dad's Tunes - George Jones / Beatles / Willie Nelson / CCR / Etc.

I grew up in the 70's/80's and loved it all. Like I have said before, I can find something I like in just about every genre (gangster rap being the exception). If I could play it all, I probably would not be here......lol

Music is just awesome and learning the guitar has been a real treat for me so far!

MJ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic