Picture in Picture Video

AcousticAl

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:49 am

Sony Vegas does it. Remember the section with Willem and Suzi?

Moviemaker can too, I think I can write better instructions. So can Adobe premier.

AcousticAl

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:05 am

AndyT wrote:
I don't know if MovieMaker will do this but I now use a different video editor and I just had a PIP in each corner. It has unlimited PIPs and overlays, Chromakey and all kinds of professional goodies.

This is a really great piece of software. Hmmm... I feel like I'm giving away some big secrets here. ;)
It's not free, but for what it does, its VERY inexpensive.

http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Editor.aspx

Am downloading the free trial version now. Will post again after trying it out..

AcousticAl

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:33 am

Wow, Andy! AVS is really good- and easy to use. I just messed around with it a bit and it's much more intuitive and has more options and effects than moviemaker. I downloaded the free version and it's GOOD. The only issue is that they put a watermark on it so that you'll buy the licensed version.

I messed around with it for a bit and I'd like to show you the result (hope you don't mind that I post it here tony). I'll let you know when it's uploaded. You'll see the quality and watermark I'm talking about. I didn't have the time to really get into it and figure out how to split the screen in half- but I'm assuming it's possible.

Cool!!

**edit
Here is the sample through avs. Quality is ok, could probably be improved with different video compression settings. But the program is solid.

Was thinking as well that there's a really GOOD reason to post this here. It will show non-TARGET members the fun they're missing!!

Music Junkie

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:51 am

Al & Andy:

I have AVS and love it. It is very good for unpacking and repacking video of many different types, as well as editing in many different ways. Wish that the free version was as good as other free tools like audacity, but oh well. I have the purchased version and would recommend it to anyone who is on the fence about buying it.

Cool use of it by the way Al!

MJ

Hydroman52

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:14 am

Has anyone answered the question of whether any of these programs (AVS, Sony, Apple) can create multiple PIP on one screen?

Another question . . . do they allow you to specify size and location of PIP windows?

I think someone posted a YouTube corroboration video where there were four musicians playing and the segment used four separate windows. I would assume this was using a PIP option or, maybe a split screen?

Also, in adding the PIP effect, does anyone notice additional drag on system resources, rendering time, or other computer performance?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm a naturally curious person.

Thanks for the thread. Very informative.

dekotaj

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:16 am

AL that is really cool.Thanks for the preview.

AcousticAl

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:39 am

Hydroman52 wrote:
Has anyone answered the question of whether any of these programs (AVS, Sony, Apple) can create multiple PIP on one screen?

Another question . . . do they allow you to specify size and location of PIP windows?

I think someone posted a YouTube corroboration video where there were four musicians playing and the segment used four separate windows. I would assume this was using a PIP option or, maybe a split screen?

Also, in adding the PIP effect, does anyone notice additional drag on system resources, rendering time, or other computer performance?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm a naturally curious person.

Thanks for the thread. Very informative.

I'm just starting to mess around with it- but yes you can have multiple pip's on screen. I didn't notice a big drag on my system with the demo I did above.

As well, you can download it for free to test it to put it through the paces you need to. Just click on the link that Andy provided.

BobR

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:40 am

Wow this is all really cool stuff. I'll have to read this thread quite a few times to get it all. Thanks for all the tech details.
Of course it is cutting into my practice time. :laugh:

bob

tovo

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:52 pm

Thanks for running with it Al. No worries with the additional stuff you have posted, that was the point to show what can be done. I usually avoid paying for software like the plague, generally speaking you can easily find a Mac application that does for free (always the best price) what Windows 3rd party applications charge for. BUT AVS does look a powerful tool and does have a free version. Plus the multiple PIP is supported so good find Andy thanks.

I don't work for Steve Jobs...but I wish I did.

Well there's only 1 thing for it now, get collaborating!

Music Junkie

Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:43 pm

Re-rendering with AVS can be a drag on the system at times, but you can always go to the tools portion and specify what priority it is on the system. If you lower the priority, it will take longer to render, but it frees up RAM and keeps the computer running a bit smoother..... Just FYI

MJ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic