Picture in Picture Video

willem

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:46 pm

Okay i was very anthousast and purchase the AVS for a year,,,but have some troubles,,, when i import a vid i can't hear the audio ... i also can't play the the time line like in moviemaker...second..when i capture a vid from the cam i get a error and the vid is not whole on the computer,,,hope i get some awnsers,,thank you ver much...

AcousticAl

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:52 pm

willem wrote:
Okay i was very anthousast and purchase the AVS for a year,,,but have some troubles,,, when i import a vid i can't hear the audio ... i also can't play the the time line like in moviemaker...second..when i capture a vid from the cam i get a error and the vid is not whole on the computer,,,hope i get some awnsers,,thank you ver much...

I responded to your pm, Willem. Also, hopefully someone who knows AVS well can help you-- MJ?

If others are as enthusiastic as Willem-- try the FREE program first to make sure it agrees with your system.

Music Junkie

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:20 pm

willem wrote:
Willem:

When you import a video, you have to click on the edit box up near the top and near the right side. It should then give you a view somewhat similar to that in Moviemaker. You can edit things at that point. Not too sure about the capturing portion from the camera. I use it mostly to re-render home videos from .wmv, .mpg, .mp4 and .avi (with a XVID codec) to .avi (with a Divx codec). That way I can place more movie files on a DVD and play on my DVD Player. If I actually burn a DVD, It severely limits the amount of files that I can place on the disc in comparison to making a data DVD with Divx files that are still playable.....

When you open AVS, are you opening AVS converter, or something else????

MJ

AndyT

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:40 pm

I love AVS. Its the best video editor I've ever seen. Very easy to use and hundreds of effects.

Like Al said, try the free version first and if you like it, then go for it!

Willem,
There is a step-by-step help on the AVS website.
http://www.avs4you.com/Guides/video.aspx

Yamaha48

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:54 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
Wow, Andy! AVS is really good- and easy to use. I just messed around with it a bit and it's much more intuitive and has more options and effects than moviemaker. I downloaded the free version and it's GOOD. The only issue is that they put a watermark on it so that you'll buy the licensed version.

I messed around with it for a bit and I'd like to show you the result (hope you don't mind that I post it here tony). I'll let you know when it's uploaded. You'll see the quality and watermark I'm talking about. I didn't have the time to really get into it and figure out how to split the screen in half- but I'm assuming it's possible.

Cool!!

**edit
Here is the sample through avs. Quality is ok, could probably be improved with different video compression settings. But the program is solid.

Was thinking as well that there's a really GOOD reason to post this here. It will show non-TARGET members the fun they're missing!!

create a new thread for this ..it is worthy to stand alone

prawnpig

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:01 pm

very cool this site is freakin amazing
Dave

AndyT

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:12 pm

How's that Dave?

willem

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:25 pm

The AVS series of programs are great. I used their converter to get some of the HoG videos to work.

Re: drag on the system, the more video feeds you have, the more drag you get, so if you are doing four way PiP you get lots of system resources allocated to it. Once you bounce it down into a single track you no longer have that issue. Many video editors have limits on how many video and audio tracks you can have running at once, so check it out.

Two more things, make sure your video and audio drivers are as up to date as can be and make sure you have all non-essential processes killed. Also things that make noise, like new mail, tend to screw with your editing.

As for lowering the priority of the the rendering process I highly discourage it, yes it takes time, but other processes running during the render can create video artifacts and screw up the audio video sync.

That's my 2 cents, your mileage may vary.

AndyT

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:35 pm

Hydroman52 wrote:
Has anyone answered the question of whether any of these programs (AVS, Sony, Apple) can create multiple PIP on one screen?

Another question . . . do they allow you to specify size and location of PIP windows?
AVS, Yes, multiple PIPs and you can put them anywhere on the screen, change their size, even rotate it and add motion to it.

I made a sample video of two that I posted on TG before. Check this out.

willem

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:35 pm

AndyT wrote:
I love AVS. Its the best video editor I've ever seen. Very easy to use and hundreds of effects.

Like Al said, try the free version first and if you like it, then go for it!

Willem,
There is a step-by-step help on the AVS website.
http://www.avs4you.com/Guides/video.aspx
Andy i go to some resaerch,, but i think my system can't handle it,, it needs 1 Gb RAM and a prossesor 25000 mhz ,,, i don't have that i think...its a pity,, but we can alway's COLLABORATE,,,,WE SEE

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic