Picture in Picture Video

tovo

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:58 am

OK I was going to post this in Al's thread on a similar subject but it's a bit rude to do that without asking so I started a new one. I spent 30 minutes on my Mac this afternoon and quickly found that I could achieve a picture in picture very easily. Obviously this would enable 2 person collaboration. I collaborated with myself here so permissions were not an issue. I can say it is very simple so I would be more than happy to do this for any 2 members (I haven't worked out if I can do more) who wanted to play or sing together and post the result. Easy. The clip is just a short example obviously.

Chasplaya

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:01 am

Very cool Tony, has endless possibilities for this site. I realise you said you did this on a Mac you wouldn't know if Windows have an equivlaent bit of software?

tovo

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:07 am

Chasplaya wrote:
Very cool Tony, has endless possibilities for this site. I realise you said you did this on a Mac you wouldn't know if Windows have an equivalent bit of software?
No I don't mate. I would suspect yes but it may not be free.

haoli25

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:14 am

Good idea Tony. Can you get audio from both videos at the same time?

tovo

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:15 am

haoli25 wrote:
Good idea Tony. Can you get audio from both videos at the same time?
Yes Bill. I muted the PIP one on the example...no need to hear me twice!

haoli25

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:20 am

I have to give this a try! Thanks Tony.

AndyT

Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:23 am

I don't know if MovieMaker will do this but I now use a different video editor and I just had a PIP in each corner. It has unlimited PIPs and overlays, Chromakey and all kinds of professional goodies.

This is a really great piece of software. Hmmm... I feel like I'm giving away some big secrets here. ;)
It's not free, but for what it does, its VERY inexpensive.

http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Editor.aspx

dekotaj

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:01 am

The question.Can you pip in windows moviemaker this guys says yes i dont get it but maybe someone else. will.http://www.livevideo.com/video/71BB8E09 ... maker.aspx

just hi lite this and put in your address bar and see if it comes up.Sorry the only way i no how to do it.

I guess i was wrong just click on it.

AndyT

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:15 am

Man. Thats just too much work in comparison to AVS.

tovo

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:19 am

AndyT wrote:
I don't know if MovieMaker will do this but I now use a different video editor and I just had a PIP in each corner. It has unlimited PIPs and overlays, Chromakey and all kinds of professional goodies.

This is a really great piece of software. Hmmm... I feel like I'm giving away some big secrets here. ;)
It's not free, but for what it does, its VERY inexpensive.

http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Editor.aspx
It's good that you identified a Windows option Andy thanks. It looks like moviemaker does it as well so lots of options.

I used iMovie by the way. Comes with the Mac.

Great to have these options. My offer stands, if members don't want to be bothered buying or learning additional software I will be happy to help out.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic