Picture in Picture Video

AndyT

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:40 pm

Willem, What kind of computer do you have?
Make and model number?
Specs?

prawnpig

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:41 pm

Andy i was refering to the info and help i find on this site
Dave

AndyT

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:42 pm

Dave, Gotcha. ;)

AcousticAl

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:00 pm

Neil wrote:
AcousticAl wrote:
Wow, Andy! AVS is really good- and easy to use. I just messed around with it a bit and it's much more intuitive and has more options and effects than moviemaker. I downloaded the free version and it's GOOD. The only issue is that they put a watermark on it so that you'll buy the licensed version.

I messed around with it for a bit and I'd like to show you the result (hope you don't mind that I post it here tony). I'll let you know when it's uploaded. You'll see the quality and watermark I'm talking about. I didn't have the time to really get into it and figure out how to split the screen in half- but I'm assuming it's possible.

Cool!!

**edit
Here is the sample through avs. Quality is ok, could probably be improved with different video compression settings. But the program is solid.

Was thinking as well that there's a really GOOD reason to post this here. It will show non-TARGET members the fun they're missing!!

create a new thread for this ..it is worthy to stand alone

Hi Neil,

Will do. But I'm not sure if you meant to make a stand-alone post for the AVS information-- or the actual video that I made of Anton and myself?

Al

Music Junkie

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:28 pm

wandoctor wrote:
As for lowering the priority of the the rendering process I highly discourage it, yes it takes time, but other processes running during the render can create video artifacts and screw up the audio video sync.

That's my 2 cents, your mileage may vary.
Yep, forgot to mention that little bit. Lowering the priority can lower the quality of your video. I am with Nick, don't do it unless you have to. Best thing to do (at least as I have found) is to set it all up and once it is going, walk away for a while. Grab a beer or a coffee and come back to it in a while......

Good point Nick!

MJ

Music Junkie

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:37 pm

or a beer and a coffee

tovo

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:01 pm

This has been a really good thread with lots of good contributions and now plenty of options for anyone hoping to put together a collaboration.

Can I suggest that for any videos that get made, start a new thread. Two reasons, first so they don't get missed by the community who may not look in a long thread like this and therefore not realize your video is there, and secondly because I suspect there might be a category for them later (Collaboration Videos) on the forum and it will make it much easier for the staff to move them.

Just ideas.

Oh shoot, just saw Al's post and needed to add...Neil already suggested this so as Al said...it pays to listen!

TGMatt

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:07 pm

Yes pls start a new thread each time..follow the lead set already and the headline I modified until we update the forum

AndyT

Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:02 am

Willem sent me his machine info.

Display 14.1 inch XGA TFT
Processor Intel Mobile Celeron 1.06Ghz
Cache128 KB integrated on-chip L2 Cache
Memory 256 MB 133 MHz SyncDRAM, One Free SO-DIMM Slot, Expandable to 1GB
CD-ROM Drive 8 X DVD ROM
Hard Drive 20 GB Hard Drive
Network 10/100 Ethernet Port
Modem56K PCI
Diskette Drive3.5 inch 1.44 MB diskette drive
Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon 3D Hardware with 8MB DDR SDRAM of dedicated video memory. No further video memory upgrade on this model. High performance 3D graphics Maximum internal resolution of up to 1024 x 768 x 16M; with external monitor - 1600 x 1200 non interlaced24-bit color provides up to 16M brilliant colours.

Willem,
AVS requires more Processor than you have. Also, I do not know where to get a memory upgrade for you. Your computer is too old. Maybe Nick has some old SODIMMs that he can offer you. I got rid of all my old computer parts.

Time for a new computer.

If anyone can help Willem out, that would be great.

willem

Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:30 am

ANDY ''dank je wel'' ''IF anybody can help'' ''put it in a transatlantic crate'' lol

I think in may i buy me new one,,,,,thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic