Guitarhands GYM....

AndyT

Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:55 pm

Dan, Its my right shoulder. I was walking home and not looking where I was going and slipped on some pea gravel on cement. My feet went right out from under me and I landed sideways on my shoulder. I did the 'ground slap' like we were taught in martial arts but it only cushioned the impact. Too much weight falling on too small of an area. I tore two tendons in the shoulder. To this day I live with moderate to agonizing pain daily. It all depends on how much medication I take. I hate that stuff also which is why I'm looking into some alternative treatments.

willem

Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:45 am

HAVE A BALL!!!

Lavallee

Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:41 am

Dan, I did not look on this thread before as I do not have problems with hands (yet)but I found out today that I should read all the threads. I am overwhelmed by your story as you decided to fight the advice of almost God being the doctor in our society. You did not give up and against all odds you playing guitar (and very well on top of that)with a hand that was not supposed to be there. You found a way to fight rather than sit on your butt and complain.

You have my utmost respect

Marc

izzyhara

Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:00 am

Wrench - this was Incredibly helpful. Thank you so very much for posting it, and for all your work developing such a great exercise plan. I will be using all your ideas. You are the best !!! Izzy

AndyT

Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:15 pm

As a quick follow up I've decided to quit taking any and all pain medication. It's my experience that it only makes the pain worse when it wears off.

I was suspecting this before I cracked my ribs. Then they gave me some very strong medication (for my ribs) and after it wore off I was in so much pain I could hardly move. I had to endure some pain the rest of the day but, I did not take it the next day and felt much better. Just to test my theory, I took it as prescribed again the following day and woke up in so much pain I could only lie still. Any other movement made me nearly scream in agony.

I don't understand why this is so, I do know its true. Anything stronger than a Motrin (Ibuprofen) or simple aspirin actually increases the pain when it wears off. At least with my body chemistry.

So, I will not be taking anymore of the "Stupid Pills". I'm not really wanting to be stupid and I'm SO not wanting to suffer that kind of pain again.

As always, consult with your Doctor or Medical Professional before taking or changing any medication dosages.

wadestar

Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:17 pm

Yes I think you would be better off without the meds, in your case. I am not a doctor but I play one on TG

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic