Guitarhands GYM....

wrench

Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:31 pm

willem wrote:
Dan (wrench) can you make a vid and demostrate what you do with the toy ball???
Willem, it is a privilege to share with my TG Friends.

Catman

Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:15 pm

Thanks--that is fantastic!

David

cosmicmechanic

Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:30 pm

Fascinating that such a simple accessory can be so versatile.

I'll never look at Nerf the same way ...

Thanks for sharing this!

Pierre

jim56

Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:18 pm

Thanks Dan! That video was very helpful :)

tom18

Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:25 pm

Dan,
Thanks, that was a great post; you've got a future as a hand therapist. We should probably have a whole forum devoted to techniques to strengthen and rehabilitate our hands. The therapist I went to following my hand injury recommended a number of specific approaches. These ranged from simple exercises such as rolling a 3/8" dowel rod across the palm of my hand using only my fingertips to working my fingers through a viscous putty. If there's enough interest I could attempt to illustrate some of these in a video.
Tom

willem

Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:56 am

Dan thanks for demostrate the exercises,, i think a lot of people have something on this,,hope to get a ball like that,, i was very impressed also to the variogripp,,

Tom, i think this is a good thread to show and share some in what exercisses people do with there guitarhands..i'm interest in what you do...

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:04 am

Great video Dan! Fantastic job you have done of recovering that hand. Quite an inspiring story!

jim56

Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:44 am

tom18 wrote:
If there's enough interest I could attempt to illustrate some of these in a video.
Tom
Please do Tom! I'll take all the exercises I can get :)

tom18

Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:09 am

Hi all,
I'll get going on it. I need to get some supplies like the ones my therapist used so give me a little time....
Tom

wrench

Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:03 am

tom18 wrote:
Dan,
Thanks, that was a great post; you've got a future as a hand therapist. We should probably have a whole forum devoted to techniques to strengthen and rehabilitate our hands. The therapist I went to following my hand injury recommended a number of specific approaches. These ranged from simple exercises such as rolling a 3/8" dowel rod across the palm of my hand using only my fingertips to working my fingers through a viscous putty. If there's enough interest I could attempt to illustrate some of these in a video.
Tom
Tom,

It would be fantastic to have those exercises available here. It just has to stand to reason that a global guitar site with much of its membership well over 50, and not playing guitar 25 to 40 years could use some hand information. I recall a few guys mentioning their hands aren't what they used to be. None of us older guys will make our hands 20 years old again, but they can probably be better than they are with very little time, effort, and expense. It doesn't hurt that the "therapeutic equipment" for the job tends to be inexpensive. Remember, Willem started this thread with a sheet of newspaper.

I'll be looking forward to your vid.

Dan

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic