Guitarhands GYM....

hasben

Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:35 am

Dan, great video. I showed this to Mrs. Hasben. She is a physical therapist; and, though her specialty is spines she does some work with hands in multiple injury cases. You should know that she loved your video. You actually recieved the Mrs. Hasben Golden Seal of Approval-- a great accomplishment. Something I have not yet achieved. :woohoo:
Fred

wrench

Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:57 am

hasben wrote:
Dan, great video. I showed this to Mrs. Hasben. She is a physical therapist; and, though her specialty is spines she does some work with hands in multiple injury cases. You should know that she loved your video. You actually recieved the Mrs. Hasben Golden Seal of Approval-- a great accomplishment. Something I have not yet achieved. :woohoo:
Fred
I am honored, and thank you Fred and Mrs. Hasben. I hope the folks here with less than great guitar hands are able to use these simple examples to improve their playing experience.

Fred, do you think Mrs. Hasben would allow me to buy a new guitar, because Mrs. Wrench just ain't impressed?

Dan

hasben

Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:21 am

Wrench, Mrs. Hasben gives you her approval for any new guitar you might want. :) As for me, I aint asking her. I have some old stereo components and plan a pawn shop expedition sometime this week. Got an Ovation I have my eyes on. Will keep you updated. Fred

thereshopeyet

Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:55 pm

Thanks

wrench

Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:16 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Hello Wrench

I do origami which helps me.... with it's small folds.

Also, I will definately try the ball out... looks like a great comfortable stretch for the hand..... you are a testimony to it's success.

Best Wishes
ThereHopeYet http://www.totallyguitars.com/images/fb ... Flower.zip
Wow. That looks like a real exercise in dexterity and patience. I can definitely see how that would develop skills useful for guitar. So, There Is Hope Yet...

Dan

dennisg

Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:32 pm

Look at these funny weights I found...think they work or is it just a psychological thing that your fingers feel lighter and faster once the weights come off?

Fingerweights

Prolly awkward, mostly...

AndyT

Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:35 pm

It probably works, but I won't be adding them to my stash.

bobk35

Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:00 pm

Dan,

Great video! I know that there are several of us that have problems with our hands. I have tried a smaller nerf ball but I like the football idea for spreading the fingers.

I remember from the past that we also had a couple of people with left elbow problems. I'd like to get an update from them as well since I'd like to know how they are progressing.

Thanks again!

bobk

AndyT

Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:56 pm

Dan, Excellent video! Thank you for making it. I have a bad pinky myself, but it's not 'dead' like yours, just bent out of shape.

My trouble is with my shoulder. Torn rotator cuff. I'm trying different things to see what actually helps. When I have some conclusions, I'll share them.

wrench

Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:18 pm

AndyT wrote:
Dan, Excellent video! Thank you for making it. I have a bad pinky myself, but it's not 'dead' like yours, just bent out of shape.

My trouble is with my shoulder. Torn rotator cuff. I'm trying different things to see what actually helps. When I have some conclusions, I'll share them.
Andy,

I presume the torn rotator cuff is your left one? Mechanically speaking, the shoulder is a very complex mechanism with a lot of compound dependencies, so if any part of it is damaged, the whole mechanism just doesn't want to work right. That could be difficult to work around, but I have heard the most painless position for a damaged shoulder is when there is no muscle loading to lift your elbow from a rest position. Then again, you are the guy with the bad shoulder - I bet you already know that!

If I ever get an opportunity, I'll tell you a shoulder story no man can explain....

Dan

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic